Chapter 55: Dilemma

A/N: This chapter is divided into two parts since it's too long and I don't want to make a separate chapter. So, you guys can take a break after reading the first part and continue later.

______________________________________

|Part I |

"I'm very much obliged, Mr Clifton" Chaeyoung extends his left hand to the man in front of him. Mr Clifton smiles and gives a firm shakes. Chaeyoung slightly gestures the couch in his office, offering the man to take a sit. They discuss the second trial regarding the tax evasion accusation in one of Son's company.

"Since we plead not guilty, the magistrate had given us the hearing date, a week from today, we need to present evidence that shows you are not guilty or that you have a defence. But from your explanation, we're in disadvantages." Mr Clifton started, studying the file on his hand. "The manager went missing along with the expenses logs and worst the company's records system are being hacked. There's no evidence left" He adds, sighing as he takes his glasses off and put the case file back to the table.

"Is there really nothing we can do about it?" Chaeyoung asks, furiously staring the attorney.

"We can try using the account statement, though it's a lot of work to do it might help" The man explains, then leaning forward as he elaborates his answers to the clueless Chaeyoung. Chaeyoung sometimes nods as the words registering inside his mind, mentally taking notes of things he needs to do in order to gain valid evidence to win the court.

It's seven o'clock in the evening when they finally finish the discussion along with the board of directors in the meeting room. Chaeyoung expresses his gratitude to the directors who are willing to help and understand his circumstances. The guy decides to focus on the tax issues and promises to pay a refund over the missing foreign profits.

As he enters his office, Chaeyoung takes off his blazer and hang it on the coat rank before he slumps into the couch. Bleary-eyed and unshaven, he slowly massages his temple in an attempt to clear his minds and stop himself from falling asleep, though his energy is being constantly drained out of him. Weary with the burden of long-closed eyes, the guy glances to his phone and slowly takes it. He stares at the wallpaper, Mina's picture as the display.

The ache of longing to be with her echoed through the very marrow of his bones. He never knows that missing someone could take over every fibre of your being and wring you out like a wet sponge every day. It is a torment he's unprepared for.

Chaeyoung wonders what she's doing at the moment. Does she eat well? Is she living with her parents? How about their baby. Is their baby okay? Those unanswered questions can easily be solved only if he has the guts to personally calls Mina. But he doesn't nor he receive any rings from the brunette. He purposely stops himself as he knows better, that the time he listens to her voice, he'll instantly run to her, hug her, kiss her and tell her how much he misses her. Not any of them can be done unless the mess resolved, therefore he works days and night to solve the matter as soon as possible.

Three weeks.

It's been three weeks after their separation. During those times, Chaeyoung spent hours and hours working and although his body begs for rest, he can't. He must work. Or he'll toss and turning and stressing over it through the night. But, today is an exception, probably because of a new way of solving the tax issue or maybe because of the tiredness has reached its limit---coming in both physically and mentally---he has the urge to sleep. Slowly, the guy positions himself lying on his back with both hands gripping the phone, placing it on his chest.

Hug time.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Early in the morning, Chaeyoung drives to the nearest cafe, which is more of an English tea shop. The tiny little shop huddled despondent among the huge city buildings. Washed out under the overcast sky, it hunchs in itself, fighting against the drizzle. They serve the tea in real white china pots at round tables that mostly just seated two people. He sits in the corner of the room and orders a cream tea while waiting for his friend who's an accountant manager.