Chapter Three

Hermione sat at her desk with her head in her hands, willing herself not to to be sick.

Her co worker, Alfred, just had to bring in some type of foul smelling food for his breakfast and every whiff she got of it made her want to vomit. She glanced over at his desk to see if he was finished and had to stifle a groan when when she saw that he wasn't even half done.

Her morning sickness, which to be honest was all day sickness, had been getting better but strong smells still made her want to be violently ill.

She sighed and got up from her desk, heading to the restroom in hopes of getting away from the smell. Thankfully, since today was Halloween and the wizarding world had an amazing sense of humor, she only worked a half day. She only had to muster through a few more hours and then she was free.

Not that she planned to do anything though - unless you count curling up with a good book and a hot cup of tea.

When the clock hit 12 she packed up her things and made a beeline for the floo network, hoping to beat the crowd that was sure to form soon. All she wanted was to go home and relax and pretend that none of the insanity that her life had become was real.

Denial wouldn't do her any good, but made her feel better for a small amount of time.

She flooed home, shrugging out of her robes as soon as she stepped out of her fireplace. She made her way to the kitchen and put on a kettle to boil before making her way to her bedroom to get out of her work clothes and into a pair of fleece pajamas.

An few hours later she had a blanket over her legs and a book in hand when her fireplace flared to life, and she looked up to see Malfoy's head.

"Granger, its Halloween! What are you doing at home and in pajamas?" She could tell he had just gotten off his shift, or maybe he was about to go in, as he was in his standard white robes.

"Honestly, it's just another day; I don't understand why people get so crazy about it." She huffed out, setting her book aside.

She saw Malfoy shake his head before the fireplace flared to life again and this time he actually stepped through.

"I didn't say you could come in."

He sat down next to her and picked up the book she had laid next to her, shaking his head when he saw it was a romance novel. "Seriously? I didn't take you for the romance novel type."

She jerked it out of his hands and put it on the end table next to her. "Shut it. What are you doing here anyways?"

"It's Halloween and there's a huge party at St. Mungo's that we'll be late for if you don't get your behind up and put on a costume."

She stared at him. "I'm not going to a party."

"Sure you are. Just go put on a dress and I'll transfigure it into a costume; it's what I'm doing."

"It's not the costume, Malfoy, I'm just not going to a party."

He sighed and shook his head. "Granger, if you want anyone to actually believe that this baby is mine we're going to have to be seen together and this is the perfect opportunity. We don't have to stay long, and it's a good first outing away from your friends. Plus, it's for a good cause."

She frowned as she realized he was right and she felt like stomping her foot in frustration. She didn't want to go out and have people recognized her and deal with the looks she would get from being with Malfoy.

Of course, she would have to get over that pretty soon she supposed.

"I can tell by the look on your face that you know I'm right, so go change and I'll take you to dinner before we go."