Chapter Seven

Hermione huffed as she tried to stifle the laughter that threatened to bubble up. It wasn't every day that you saw a Malfoy trying to string Christmas lights on a tree, but she now had a front row seat to the sight.

And oh, what a sight it was.

They planned to get married in one weeks time, as now rumors had begun to circulate around that they were involved with one another. Several times a day she had a coworker come to her and try to stealthily get information from her, but her lips were sealed until the press release was issued a day after their wedding.

Thankfully, they planned on traveling to one of Draco's family's homes in Italy for a "honeymoon", so they wouldn't be around when the news hit. Honestly, she dreaded seeing what everyone's reactions would be, though she knew it would make no difference in her life.

"Okay, done!" She looked up as Draco hopped up and down in excitement, making her lose her battle with her laughter.

"Oh, my gosh. You look like a little kid on Christmas morning!" She tried to tame the noise she was making, but was failing.

Draco just shook his head and moved to grab his wand. The lights they had found would be turned on with a simple spell and with a flick of his wrist the entire tree began to glow.

"We still need to get ornaments."

He nodded. "I figured I'd let you have fun with that."

She grinned at being able to decorate their tree the way she wanted. "Maybe I'll pop down and have a look around at some shops after you go into work."

Draco had finally finished his training and was now a certified pediatric Healer, something she was immensely proud of him for.

"Just be careful; the weather's taken a bad turn." She gave him a soft smile at his worry and walked over to give him a peck in his cheek.

The past few weeks they had grown more comfortable with little touches and kisses on the cheek and head. They hadn't had another real kiss yet, but she hoped the next time they did she wouldn't run away.

"I will be." He ran a hand down her curly hair and gave her shoulder a squeeze.

"I better go upstairs and changed before I'm late." She nodded and he dropped a kiss to the top of her head before making his way to his room to change.

She looked down at herself and decided that she look decent enough, and with a nice dress robe overtop she would be fine to run out to do a bit of shopping. She did want to put her hair up in a bun, though, as her hair mixed with snow wasn't a good combination.

And hour later found her walking the streets of Diagon Alley, concealment charm keeping her expanding stomach hidden. She supposed that after their wedding she may drop the charm, after all, eventually everyone would have to know.

How else would she explain a newborn baby?

She ducked in a shop that always had such beautiful Christmas decorations and began to browse. Draco had no real decorations, so everything would have to bought new. At first she had felt uneasy about the idea of spending his money, but he had simply told her that by going out to buy it herself she was saving him a trip.

She didn't mention that if not for her he wouldn't have any need for decorations.

She quickly picked out what she wanted and paid, thankful that the items would be delivered tomorrow morning so she wouldn't have to lug them all around. She hoped that they could decorate together, and had said as much to Draco. He had agreed and now she felt excitement grow as this would be the first time she'd ever decorated her home with someone else who wasn't her parents.