meeting

They turn around to me, they're blue and green eyes piercing into mine.
I smile shyly, even though I'm not very shy.
"This is Jessie and James. They will be your teammates." Giovanni informs me.

They approach us in an almost rehearsed order, both humans at the same time and speed, and the Meowth that stands on two legs between them comes after them.

"Hello." They all say at the same time.

A bit weird. They must be acting all professional for the boss. I realize I should introduce myself.

"Oh! I'm y/n." I say, blushing lightly.

I'm not sure why I'm so intimidated, probably because each one of them except the Meowth is at least 6'0. The pink haired lady looks about 5'10.

"Now be on your way, I have work to do." He says and walks past us to his big, slightly intimidating desk.

We all hurry out, and I begin to sweat nervously. Why am I so intimidated by them?

We stop outside the door, and they all turn to face me.

"So you're a twerp huh?"the Meowth pipes up.
"Y-you-"
"Never seen a talkin Meowth huh? We'll get used to it." He interrupts.
"How old are you anyway?"
The girl, I mean- Jessie demands, her arms crossed over her chest.

"14." I squeak.
"Hmm...well let's go." She says and the two boys follow behind her. I jog a little to catch up, I silently wave goodbye to my acquaintances, and follow them outside.

"So, where are we going?" I cringe at my question, but I'm desperate to keep the Conversation going.

"We've been following a kid around for a while now, trying to catch his Pikachu." The purple haired- I mean- James says.

"A Pikachu?? Why? Aren't they like, super common?"
I question, and Jessie stiffens up.

"This one's different! It's super powerful and defeats both of our Pokemon with no problem!"
She squeaks.

"Don't forget Meowth." James mumbles.

I chuckle at the two, I actually think they'd be kind of cute together. Maybe they already are together.

"You guys are dating, right?" I ask, and they both sound around at the same time, clenching they're fists.

"NO WE'RE NOT!!" They shout in unison, making me fall back into the dusty dirt road.

"YOU DON'T HAVE TO SHOUT!!" I yell back, getting up onto my wobbly knees. I rub my sore butt, as I landed hard.
That's gunna hurt later.
I once again jog to keep up.

"What makes this pikachu so special? Why not Rob gyms or banks?"

I question, hoping they don't snap at me again.

"I told you, it defeats us easily, and we do Rob gyms and banks. We just don't succeed all the time." Jessie says.

I accept the answer and stay quiet until we reach a little cabin in the woods with a giant pink 'R' on the roof.

"Since there's only 3 rooms, you'll have to share with Meowth." Jessie says, walking me into the room that's half the size of my old one back at headquarters.

"Okay." I chirp, dropping my bag on the floor.

The only thing in the small room is a sleeping back in the center of the back wall, and a normal looking bed in the left corner. It's also a twin, just like my old bed.

"Hurry up and unpack, we have to track down the twerp's." She says and leaves my room, leaving the door cracked.

I unzip my black backpack, and dumb everything out onto my bed.

I sort everything out, my clothes in one pile, my Pokemon in another, and toiletries and random stuff in another.

I go over to the closet and slide it open, finding a few hangers. Well that's fine, because I only have to so many clothes.

Once I've sorted everything out, I call out Eevee and Charmander.

"Eevee, Charmander, come on out!"
I command, and they appear out of their respected pokeballs.

"Ee!" Eevee yawns.
"Char char!" Charmander greets me, before looking around the room.

"Char?" "Ewee?" They question.

"It's our new room!" I tell them, throwing my hands up in excitement.

They cheer their names, and I pick up a chocolate bar from my bag.

I split the pieces, giving Eevee and Charmander each a piece.

"I guess we should go out, Jessie and James probably want to meet you."

I think out loud, stretching my palms towards the sky so far my arms tremble.

"Cmon, back into your pokeballs." I say and call them back.
I walk out into the kitchen/ dining room area, and to my surprise, no one's out. Huh.
What now?
My question is answered by voices outside.

I rush to the door and fling it open, hoping for some action.

Jessie James and Meowth stand with two foreign Pokemon ready for battle in front of them.

A few feet away is a Pikachu on all fours, his cheeks producing Sparks.
This must be the Pikachu.

"Let's make it a triple battle!" A girl's voice commands.
My gaze flies to the three standing across from my teammates.

a short, black haired boy stands behind the Pikachu, his face stern what the concentration.

A taller, older looking brunette who doesn't look too much older than me stands to his right, with a green vest and orange shirt.

He has a small rock Pokemon with arms that I recognise to be Geodude.

And a girl with short orange locks and a side pigtail stands in front of me, her outfit is mature to say the least, but she looks no older than 12.

Before I can stop myself, my itch to battle sends a pokeball flying from my hand.

"Triple battle it is!" I yell to them, my voice cracking from the excitement trying to burst from my chest.

All 6 humans and Pikachu and Meowth look over at me, as Eevee lands with a shout of determination.

"Right. I choose you, star-" the girl is interrupted by another pokemon appearing in front of her.

The yellow duck Pokemon Psyduck.