quarrel

It's 11:53 p.m. Jessie, james, meowth and I are sitting in a bush, across from Ash and his friends.

Branches poke me in every direction, but I can't move, or they'll hear me.
Ash might mistake me for a Pokemon, and throw a pokeball at my head. I wonder if people can be caught in pokeballs? I imagine a tiny me banging on the inside of the pokeball, yelling for help. Ash holds the pokeball up, and gives a truimphant laugh. I shiver, and try to focus on the task.

"How long do we wait?!" I whisper to Jessie, shifting my foot from the tangled branches and thorns.

"Just until the fire goes out. Now be quiet!" She hisses. The fire is tiny and dwindling, but still lit.

I look over at Meowth, who's curled up in a ball, snoozing with his head on my thigh. He might be an annoying trouble maker, but he's still adorable.

I sit back and gently stroke his fur, while rubbing my eyes. You'd think after that 3 hour long nap I had today, I wouldn't be tired.

But no. I'm always tired. I glance at James, who's eyes are focused on the fire.

I sigh and try to lean back, but get stabbed by thorns.

"Ow!" I yelp, making Meowth jump off my leg.

"Shh!" Jessie and James shush me, but Meowth scratches my face in an 'x' shape.

"Don't do that!" He yells.

"SHHH!!" Jessie and James shush him, and I try not to cry out in pain.

My face stings, I'm sure I look very unapealing. He goes to lay back down on my leg, but I punch him in the head and whisper,

"Oh no you don't. I'll rip that tacky charm right off your head!"

"Tacky?!" He whispers, rubbing his head where a small bumb appeared.

"What's 'tacky', is your thing for James!" My blood runs cold. My head snaps to the others, thankfully they don't seem to be paying any attention.

"You're gunna pay for that!!" I reach into my pocket and pull out Growlithe's pokeball.

"Oh you wanna battle do ya?" He stands in his feet, his hands in his hips.

"Yea! Come on!" I trip out of the bush that opens in front of the cabin, and release Growly.

"Growly, use bite!"

I say loudly, hardly attempting to keep my voice down.

Growly charges at Meowth, biting his arm.

"Owch! Meowth, use scratch!" Meowth commands himself.

"Right!" He responds to his own orders, and scratches my little growly
In the face.

Growly jumps back, and without my order, blasts Meowth with flame thrower.

Meowth uses scratch again, he already looks pretty beat.

"Growly, use fire fang!" I command, and growly leaps at Meowth, biting him with a flaming mouth.

"What are two doing?!" Jessie whispers.

"Battling." I briefly explain.

"Stop! They'll hear you!" She yells.
But I've almost got meowth beat.

"Stop guys!" James shouts.

"Hey!" A raspy voice yells.
We all 5 look up, to see ash and friends standing in pajamas, with their Pokeballs in hand, ready for anything.

"Are you trying to steal our Pokemon?!" The Brunette accuses.

I quickly recall growly, and get ready to fight.

Although when I turn to my teammates, their nowhere to be seen.

"Jessie? James? Meowth?" I call in a small voice.

"Hey!" The red head calls.

"Uhhh..." I have no choice but to dash inside and lock the door behind me.

I fall to my knees panting.

"Just what do you think you were doing?!" Jessie screeches at me, and Meowth who's standing to my right.

The two tower over us like Giants, and I feel like one of the tiny Pokemon.

"He scratched me!" I point at meowth accusingly.

"She hit me!" Meowth points at me.

"Who cares!?!?" They shout in unison.

Something about him being so mad and overpowering me... It's mildly attractive. I can't help but blush and stare up at him.

He notices and gives me a confused expression. I blush harder, my stomach feeling light.

I look down at the ground, trying to look guilty and sorry, even though I'm not sorry at all.

"She deserved it." Meowth mumbles.

"ARE YOU KIDDING? I LET YOU TAKE YOUR PRECIOUS LITTLE CAT NAP ON ME!! THAT'S HOW YOU REPAY ME?!?"

I shout, picking him up by his scruff.

"That's it! Go to your room! Both of you!" Jessie shouts.

"What? I'm fourteen, you can't tell me to-"

"NOW!" Jessie shouts. I glare at her, half mad that I have to go to my room, and half because I'm embarrassed to be punished in front of James.

I see James laughing like a child on the other side of jessie.

I do a completely childish thing, and stick my tongue out at him.

He looks taken back, but quickly bounces back with sticking his out at me.

I laugh, I can't help it. I burst out laughing, clutching my stomach.

"What's so funny?" Jessie says, Raising an eyebrow.

"James..." I laugh.

She glares at him, and he sweats nervously, holding his hands up in a way of denying what I said.

In the end we were all sent to our rooms.

I sit on my bed and yawn, wondering what James is doing.

Why don't I just go find out?

I slip on my shorts, and creak open the door. His room is right next to mine.

I knock, before the door opens after a small pause.