p.2

In front of us is a giant shopping mall, with signs covering every inch of the wall, each with blinking lights and giant font, demanding my attention.

Eevee jumps down onto the ground, staring up with us.

"Let's go!" I grasp James's hand, advancing confidently into the crowded store.

"Stay close Eevee!" I call.

"Ewee!" The little Pokemon chirps.

"Where to first?" I ask, stopping in the center of the huge building.

"Hmm... A store called food 'n stuff."

(I have no originality yeet)

He reads from the slip of paper Jessie gave him, while our fingers are still intertwined.

Eevee jumps onto my backpack, her paws on my shoulder.

"There it is!" I point with my free hand. We walk together to the sliding glass doors, it seems the tension between us has melted away.

Which is good. I'm still confused on why I ran though. I wasn't nervous, that wasn't the issue.

I was kind of... Afraid.

"Let's split up." James takes his hand away to split the paper in half, my hand falls back to my side.

He hands me half. "Okay, I'll meet you back here when we're done." I speed off to find the food.

"Ok... Rice. Where is the rice..." I think out loud, scanning the isle, my eyes narrowed in concentration.

"Aha! Here it is!" I snatch it from the shelf, and walk away to find poke' kibble.

After what seems like no time at all, I find all I'm looking for, and go to our agreed upon spot to meet.

Before I can reach the spot though, a low voice calls out to me, "hey Pokemon girl!" I spin around, to a tall order man with a fedora towering over me.

"Um, yes?" I take an uncomfortable step back, but he just takes a step closer.

"What do you want?" I snap.

"I want your number baby girl." He coos, trying to make his old, rough voice Sound seductive.

"Uh..." I put my hands up, trying to stop him from pushing me any further into the middle isle.

"C'mon pretty girl, I can get you any Pokemon you want!" He doesn't want to quit.

"I'm 14!" I squeak, trying to sound confident, but only sounding like I'm mildly in pain.

"Even better!" He laughs, trying to lighten the mood.

"Excuse me, but your making my girlfriend uncomfortable." I hear a young male voice say behind me.

I turn around, and am surprised to see a familiar brown haired man who towers over me too.

I gasp.

"Please leave us alone now sir." The Brunette warns the old man. He walks off, leaving me staring up at the guy who just saved my skin.

"Thanks." Is all I can say.

"Yeah well... I hate seeing creepy men like that harass young girls." I cringe at his words, but I'm thankful anyway.

"Y/n? What took you so long?" I hear James behind me.

"Huh?? James??" The brown haired man says.

"The twerp's friend??" James and the man have a confused stare down, while I stand awkwardly between them.

"It's okay James, he actually helped me." I say, putting my hand on James's chest, instantly gaining his attention.

"Sorry um..." "Brock." He says. Brock, and all his Pokemon are rock. Coincidence? I think not.

"Brock. Right." I say to no one in particular.

"Let's go James." I flick my head towards the check put line.

We walk off, both Brock and James give each other death glares as they pass by each other.

"Why were you talking to him?" James demands once we're out of ear shot.

"Because he just stopped a creepy old guy from hitting on me, while you were, where, getting cottage cheese?!" I snap.

"Rrrh! I was getting the things you forgot while you were flirting with the twerp!" He snaps back.

"Flirting?!" I almost snort. The place is so loud and crowded, no one notices us all but yelling at each other.

"Yeah right, you should know more than anyone that didn't happen!" I regret the words the second they leave my mouth.

His face instantly changes, and he brushes past me.

"Where are you going?" I feel bad, but can't turn back now.

"To check out." He replies flatly.

I follow behind him like an obedient little baby Growlithe, just trying not to make him more angry.

I wonder why he's so mad that I was 'flirting' with Brock though?

As we leave the store, we continue to walk in silence.

"I'm sorry." I brake the awful silence.

He doesn't respond.

"I shouldn't have said that. I regret what happened this morning though- that I ran away. Not the other part, I don't regret that. I... I liked that part." I blush.

He spins around.

"Well I regret it!" He turns back around, and I forget trying to apologise for now. Ouch. That hurt.

I'm sure he's just mad at me, he doesn't really regret it, does he?

I hope not. Because I don't. I only said that because I he hurt me, so I wanted to hurt him.

The more I think about it, the worse I feel. How am I gonna make this up to him?

The sun is starting to dissapear, making the sky a beautiful mixture of pink and orange.

Finally. Today seemed to have dragged on forever.

I wish I could point out the beauty of the sky, how it lights up the earth, and how it makes his hair glow.

But right now I have to keep my mouth shut.

I look over at Eevee, and she gives me a sympathetic nuzzle. I smile weakly at her, wishing she could run over and cheer James up like she does me.

He's walking in front of me, only by a few feet. I replay this morning's events over again in my head, wishing I could go back, and replay the whole day.

Ugh.