luck

I've decided to help train James's pokemon, by letting wheezing beat Eevee.

Don't worry, Eevee agreed too.

"Go Eevee!" I command Eevee from her ball, sending her to her place in front of wheezing.

"Go, wheezing!" James throws wheezing out in front of him.

"Okay wheezing, gas attack!" James commands, and wheezing covers the feild in a thick, suffocating fog.

"Eevee, watch out!" I call out, but Eevee already knows the drill.

"Wheezing, tackle attack!" James commands, breathing into his elbow.

I choke on the fog, fanning my face.

"Seems like you've already lost!" I hear James's voice call out from the opposite side of me.

That's it, I can't let him beat me.

"Eevee, lay down and wait for wheezing to attack, then give him a quick attack!" I command.

Eevee ducks low, and I see a shadow rushing at her.

"Wheezing, use smog!" James commands. Oh man, I didn't think of that.

As the fog blows away, I see Eevee grabbing at her face, crying out.

Wheezing looks a little guilty, like he's so used to being beat that when he wins he feels like a jerk.

"Yes! Good job wheezing!" James runs out to congratulate his pokemon, while I run to eevee's aid.

"Oh no Eevee, are you okay?" I coo, pulling the gunk from her face.

"Ewee." She sighs.

"Was it just me, or did I really win that match?" He gloats, his hands on his hips. I stand up, puffing my cheeks out.

"You got lucky! Eevee doesn't have great eyesight!" I defend my resting pokemon.

"Yeah sure." He chuckles.

I hate that he defeated me. How did he defeat me?!

"What made y/n all riled up?" I hear meowth say from behind me.

I glare into James's beautiful green orbs, that shimmer with pride. Even though I'm mad at him, he looks incredibly cute.

"She lost." James smiles.

"I did not! I let you win." I put Eevee on the ground, crossing my arms.

"sure. Whatever you need to tell yourself." He smirks.

Now he's just trying to get me angry.

"James won? That's a first." I hear Jessie from behind me.

Oh great. Now I have an audience.

He smirks so confidently at me, his lips curved into a smirk that makes me melt a little.

No way! I can't say that! I don't like him... Do I?

I realize now he's gazing into my eyes for a change. My bland, boring, e/c eyes.

Which of course, makes me shy away, letting my gaze fall to the ground.

I blush, and my stomach turns.

"Why makes you so shy all the sudden?" Meowth is suddenly at my side, examining my reaction audibly.

"Shut up." I hiss, scooping up Eevee.

"Ewee!" She leaps out of my arms and into James's. He stumbles, but catches Eevee, giving her a little head pat.

I wonder what it's like, to be held by him.

"Eevee!" I whine. Balling my fists at my sides.

James laughs again, sending a shiver down my spine. A good shiver, one that makes you feel all tingly and warm.

"It seems Eevee likes me more." He says, I'm sure just to tick me off.

Well that sends me over the edge.

"Why you-" I go to punch his arm, mostly joking, but before I feel the inpact on my fist, he grasps my hand.

I look up, sheer surprise written all over my face.

Eevee hops out of James's arm, and bounds inside to join Jessie and Meowth.

I struggle to free my hand, glaring into his burning green eyes.

"Not so fast." He tells me, finally releasing his grip on me.

"I want a rematch!" I demand, reaching behind my back for a pokeball, any will do. I just have to beat him.

"Go Pokemon!" I shout.

"Go wheezing!"

We step back, I look down to see I called out growly.

"Wheezing, gas attack!"

Wheezing obeys the command, spraying gas from it's pores.

"Growly, use flamethrower! Light up the gas!" I command.

Growly sets fire to the gas, lighting wheezing up.

"Good job growly!" I praise as wheezing hits the ground.

"Seems like it was just begginers luck." A smirk plays on my face.

The slightest hint of a blush blossoms on his cheeks, making me want to shout "AWW!"

"Right. I didn't want to do this, but you leave me no choice." He pulls up his gloves, before taking off into the house.

A bit odd, but maybe he's a sore loser.

"Good job growly." I tell my Pokemon.

"Go, Meowth!" I hear James's breathless voice. I snap my head up, to see James throws Meowth face first onto the court.

"I told you I ain't battling for ya!"Meowth yells to James.

"What's the matter Meowth? Scared you'll lose?" I purposely try to make him mad.

"Alright fine, you've got yourself a battle!" Meowth stands in position, ready to fight or flight.

"Growly, fire fang!" I command, growly jumps into action before I get the words out.

They go back and forth for an outrageous amount of time, before growly finally takes the w.

"Haha! Yes! I win!!" I shout, growly comes to celebrate with me.

I crouch down and open my arms, which he promptly jumps into, knocking me over.

He licks my face, sitting my chest. I try to ignore his heaviness.

"Good job growly!" I pet the tuff of hair on the top of his head, trying to ignore the weight of a small child weighing directly on my lungs.