Sparks

Author- Hello, this story won't follow the exact timeline of the show, however, it will follow it mostly. Sorry if it jumps from place to place. This is episode 11 of season 4.

"Should I wear a dress?" Maeve asks Ivar while looking at the sea. "It's what the women here wear on most occasions."

"You can wear what you want, women here wear all sorts of things, pants are not uncommon." Ivar says tilting his head toward her.

"But my clothing type, technically isn't invented." she said pointing to her Bon Jovi shirt.

"I think It looks fine." he said gesturing to her outfit.

"Ugh." she flopped back onto the grass. "You are no help with fashion. I think I'd have better luck with Sigurd."

Ivar laughed

"If you want to look like a whore, that would be a wise choice."

"Whore or Margret?" she asked chuckled

"There is a difference?" Ivar asked

"Hey, Margret isn't that bad." she said hitting his arm. " She is nice most of the time, she just doesn't always think before speaking, that's what gets her in trouble. I don't see anything wrong with her sleeping with your brothers, maybe an STD but that's a different thing."

"She doesn't sleep with anyone she thinks doesn't have power." he had scowl on his face, one of jealousy.

"And by that you mean you." she knew he was trying to hide the fact he liked Margret, she didn't really care, she knew the truth. "It okay to be jealous."

Ivar looked down and then forward, nose flared " How could I be jealous of a whore."

She sighed and stood up. " Anyhow, I need to get some meat and bones from the butcher, I'll see you later"

Ivar watched her walk away. He liked her company, she was very kind, never too serious.

She explained to him meany odd findings about the world, about sciences they have yet to discover. Telling him to always boil water before drinking, take warm baths more often than not, eat foods of verity, to swish his mouth with alcohol (ale or wine as he knew) after eating. To rinse cuts with hot water. These things would keep him in good health, but he couldn't understand why she cared.

She was pretty, oh yes. She was not the best looking, but her beauty matched meany, and was a kind of it's own. She would most definitely be a suitable Shield Maiden.

After the few weeks she had been here, he noticed things she did.

She got up before the sun reached over the clouds but just enough to see, and run. Run with her family for a long time, and come back after the sun had rose, and the town was busy. When they would come back, she made food in the kitchen with the slaves, even helped them set up food for dinner, and then spend the rest of her days freely. Most days, she would come and see him, let him try some of the foreign food she made. She seemed focused on staying "fit", as she would say.

He didn't let his mind ponder on her any longer. She was just a woman, he did not see why he should spend much time on her. He decided to just go home. After all, it had been an eventful day. His father decided to challenge everyone to fight him for his kingship, it did not go as planned. His brother decided none of them would go with their father to England, a chance Ivar kill for.

His mother waited for him at the door.

"Hello Ivar, just in time for supper, were you out with Maeve?"

"I did not go out with her, she found me." he said, trying to deny his overall fondness for her, truth was, he found her.

"Where is she if not with you?" his mother looked around for her.