New path

Unedited!

Ubbe looked down.

"Well you can't stop us from going back, we have to go back," he said

Maeve clenched her teeth.

"you're stupid. I can't go back, so if you do, you can't tell anyone about me." Maeve crossed her arms and turned on her heels

"You are carring the grandchildren of Ragnar!" Ubbe said. She swung her body around

"Yeah and do you think Largatha will care about that? She will deny it at all fronts. Who do you think the people will believe? A outsider pregnant with a "cripples" kid or a respected queen, first wife of Ragnar?"
She moved her arms and said in a fake uplifting tone. "Oh yeah, surly the former." She said picking up one of the body's and dragging them towards the forest.

"That is a good point" Ubbe said

"What are you doing?" Sigurd asked pointing at the body's
Maeve stopped and looked at him.
"I don't know about you, but finding a body might just let people know you killed someone, and that might be something you'd want to avoid right about now."
"Well you killed them." He argued
Ubbe spoke up "to be fair we have been trying to kill them for hours."
"But we didn't!" Sigurd said
Maeve let the body go.
"God you're infuriating, the people we love have died and you are arguing about this shit!"
She sat on the ground and started to cry hysterically.

Margaret dropped beside her and rubbed her back. She gave a nasty glare to Sigurd.
"She saves us and this is how you treat her."
She shook her head and held her friend close.

Ubbe crouched down.
"You swear that the child is Ivars?"
Maeve sniffled as tears continued to run down her face.

"Yes!it literally can't be anyone else's." she said in a very annoyed tone.

Ubbe made a very viking sound between a "hmm." And a "gerrr"

"Well then we wait until he and father return, if they ever do."

"We can take her too the house we stayed in as boys" Sigurd said finally believing her.

She took Margaret's arm off her and stood up.
"So you want to take me to the one place they'll look? Does Bjorn know where it is?"

"Yes but I don't see how that matters."
"Because he's Lagatha's son!"
"Bjorn is our brother." Sigurd said
Maeve's laughter rung once more with the same sickly sweet covering.
"And that will stop Bjorn from telling his mom where her enemy's are? If you had to pick between the person who taught you everything or a brother from another woman (who took away your mothers happiness) and you only see a couple times a year?"

"You are being a negative nannacy" Sigurd said trying to mock her when she would call Sigurd "a negative Nancy"

"No I'm trying to do what I think will keep us safe. Go ahead, get yourselves killed, but me"
she pointed to her belly "and my baby are taking the reality train to Good Decision city."

What was she saying, how could any of this even be real. Less than half a year ago she was on a plane to a race that would change her life, next she could of gone big, maybe even run in the olympics. Now she's not a virgin, pregnant, a murder, and all of that wrapped in a time travel sandwich.

"What's a train?" Ubbe asked sheepishly
She rolled her eyes and started walking back to where she had 'parked' the horse.

"What are you going to do, huh? V'here are you going to go?"

"No fucking clue, away from people."

Margaret looked at her (best) friend walk away, alone. Then looked at these men that she loved.
"Do I really love them?" She asked herself
"Do they love me?" Maybe Ubbe, but he had been sneaking away with some other woman. Sigurd just wanted a nice fuck, and well Hivserk clearly loved someone else. Would she spend her life trying to make sense of how did and did not love her? But she new that she had friends, real friends.

"Wait." Margaret called out "I'll come with you. Largtha doesn't exactly like me, I betrayed her, I would help her with her plans."

Maeve knew that the excuse wasn't for her, it was for the men, for herself. Maeve nodded.

As they walked away Sigurd and Ubbe decided to watch.

"Do you think Largtha will kill us, do you think mother is really dead?"
"No if our father comes back, then it would be war." Ubbe ignored the last question. He didn't want to answer my it.

"What about mother, can we really trust her word?"

"That 'Her' is now family, and if there is anything Maeve is, it's honest."

"Where are we going to go?" Margaret asked as Maeve untied the horse.

"We call it future island, it's a part of the shore line where things from all over time wash up, mostly things from the future."

"So that is where you go!"

Maeve knew this was not going to be an easy couple months.

~middle of the ocean 2019~
The winds blew and the ocean created a whirlpool beneath the helicopter.
"SIR, WE HAVE LOST CONTACT WITH BETA CREW." Maxwell yelled
"You don't need to yell I can hear you just fine" Captain Winters said into the mic.
Maxwell adjusted his head set volume and mic.
"We have lost contact with beta crew, sir."
"Much better, keep everything moving, we stop for no man."
The lieutenant nodded as he looked at his computer.

"Sir the air is unstable, I should fly us out of this!" The pilot yelled
The sky was dark except for the occasion flash of lightning
"Did I ask you to land?"
Before he could finish his rant, Captain winters saw a blue triangular shape of lightning cross through the sky. He was right.
"Fly through that now!"
"What!"
"NOW" 
The pilot did as told

~  middle of the ocean 1492~