The Pain

***trigger warning!!!!***Unedited! It will be edited by Monday, March 16th!

*Maeve*

I am completely and utterly alone.Alone. Except for the baby in my stomach, god I hope this doesn't affect him, or her maybe. I may die today, but to be honest I feel dead.I lost my family. As much as Valeria was alive (maybe), Lin was dead. And Valeria was no Lin.

Lin was my sister who felt like a mother.Lin, she scooped me up and showed me the world. Cared for me, protected me. Now, what could I do? Nothing. I couldn't even see her.

If I were to walk into that small city, I would die.

Asluag, Lin, I am sorry. Asluag, a motherly friend, and Ragnar, I promised you I would protect your sons. Now they are all I have. Ragnar, your wife Largtha has changed, she killed my sister, without being provoked to kill her, also your second wife.

How will I ever look Ivar in the eye? Tell him that he has a child? He didn't even think it was possible. I'm Fucked.But now was not the time to be sad, or have any feelings for a human other than myself. I had to find Ubbe and Sigurd, I made a promise. They are going to be my child's family, maybe even my family. If the gods are real, please, give me strength.

*Challenging Vikings*

Maeve cloaked herself in the darkness, moving swiftly through the town.Listening closely to the words of Largthas warriors. Some talking about fucking beautiful woman, some talking about fucking strong men, some talking about how they would rather drink cow shit then the cheap ale they were given.

"Hey!" A man shouted from behind her, she had been caught. "What are you doing here?"She kept walking."Hey!" He shouted again.

He ran behind her and grabbed her shoulder. But before he could do much else, Maeve slit his throat.

No one could know of her.

She had no guarantee the Largtha wouldn't kill her.

She dragged the body to the side of a building and put a cup in his hand, putting his head down to look like he was sleeping. Hopefully, no one would find him till morning.She took a moment and looked at herself in the water. She had killed someone. She killed a living thing. For the first time. But she knew it wouldn't be the last. She felt guilty. She tried to reason with herself. If he would have taken her to Largtha, she could have been killed, and surly, it wouldn't be the first time he had sent someone to their death.

" I'm sorry," she said to the lifeless body. " but it was either me or you." A tear slipped down her cheek.'No time for that' she thought and moved on.

As the night drew on, the drunker the warriors became.After watching the fortress closely, listening, she saw two maids with trays of food walk towards a path leading to a house about ten minutes on foot away.

She followed them quietly until they came upon the house. Two female guards outside, laying down with cups in hand. As the maids walked towards them, they smiled devilishly. Standing up and greeting them. The opened the door slightly for them, just enough for the food to fit through.But none the less, Ubbe tried to step through.

"LET ME OUT, I AM THE SON OF RAGNAR. I WILL KILL YOU!"The guards laughed and pushed him back and closed the door with little effort.

Ubbe was strong, but not at an advantage.She took a sparkler from her bag, lit it and threw it down the path. They didn't even see it. To busy talking about nonsense.

Maeve was trying the oldest trick in the book, throwing a rock...For fuck sake.

The guards sprung up with haste, going down the path. Finding the sparkler and trying to pick it up but dropping when find it was hot. Maeve snuck over to the door, being repeatedly hit by Ubbe and the shouting of Sigurd.

As Maeve undid the latch, Ubbe falling out with a crash. He stopped for a second then yelled "Maeve!" He got up "Ubbe shhh." She tried to shush him, but he had already alerted the guards.Maeve shower under her breath and pulled out her gun. Ubbe was going to charge.

But Maeve held her hand to stop and shot four times.

One to the leg and then one to the head. Dead.

One of the guards had gotten too close, blood splattered on Maeve's face. But she couldn't care less. They would have killed her, maybe even Ubbe and Sigurd. Ubbe and Sigurd held their ears and looked at her with fright.

"What was that!" Sigurd yelled, Margaret behind him.Maeve turned around with a stone face.

"Don't ask questions, that you don't want the answers to."

"We must get to Kattegat," Ubbe said

"We can't.""Why." Maeve looked at the ground

"Why." He repeated.

"Largtha is Queen" Maeve looked into his eyes, but he found nothing in them, dead almost.

"What of my mother."Maeve blinked

"Dead."Sigurd got into Maeve's face.

"Then how are you here! Did you help her! I knew you outsiders were not to be trusted!"Maeve felt the rage inside her boil. Sigurd's spit in her face. He started to raise his fist "I'll kill you, you and Li-" in seconds Sigurd's arm was trapped tightly behind his back, bending very uncomfortably. Maeve kicked his knees in.

"Lin died protecting your mother!" She spat into his ear.She threw him to the ground.Sigurd stood right back up.

."And what about you! Why aren't you dead."

"Because your mother told me to run!"

Ubbe spoke up from behind her."Why would she do that? She would want you with her."

"Because I'm all she had left of Ivar."Sigurd stood back, confused. Maeve picked up and cleaned off her gun.

"Why did you not try to go back? Avenge your sister?" Ubbe said thinking like a Viking.

"God your skull is so thick!" She said gun in hand using it as a pointer. Tapping her own skull with it "IM PREGNANT, WITH YOU BROTHERS CHILD!"She yelled.

"That's not true," Sigurd said.

Maeve laughed in hysterics."You just think you're so fuckin' funny huh? Make fun of your crippled brother?" She got in his face, grabbing him by the collar and putting her gun to his chin.

"But guess what! It's his." She said in a harsh but quiet voice. Spitting a little in his face as she gritted through her teeth. Everyone paused. Maeve put the gun to her temple. She contemplated for half a second before putting the safety on and pulling it away.She put her free hand on her stomach.

"And now, this is the only family I have left. And you better damn well believe I'll die protecting it."

Please like and comment!!! More coming soon!