Homecoming

*Warning- Violence, Gore, Blood, and worst of all UNEDITED*

If you are triggered easily skip till the **** line

When Doctor Zander Winters finally figured out how time portals worked after doing research for the United State government in 1942. He was now stuck after years of research, him, nothing short of a genius. He was mad and he was serious, always stuck in his work. He had managed to travel backward in time, to a land with Celtic descent. When he had washed up on shore everyone was horrified. Except for her.

Her name was Afie. She had long red hair and was the bravest woman anyone had ever meet. She was strong, also incredibly kind and giving. But when they had first meet eyes, it was like they had known each other for many years. He began not to mind so much that he was stuck, and they had a daughter they named her Linnette, all was well. Until, they came.

The men were Ruthless, they killed everyone left and right.

He remembered that day, he was off hunting with the rest of the men. He remembered seeing the flames of the village and stealing a man's horse, only to find his pregnant wife stabbed and a man standing over her. The man was quickly killed.

the man laughed while he died. "May you be at the mercy of Ragnar!" the man spat blood on his shoes. Zander stabbed his sword through the man's mouth.

"ZANDER" his wife shouted. "I am going to die." she said, stabbed in the right shoulder. "Save my baby! Cut it out while I still breathe!"

"No, you'll be fine! I'm a doctor! I'll save you!" they both knew that she would die. He was not THAT kind of doctor.

"Please." she whispered he shook his head. Her face turned angry. she took the knife out of her shoulder and in a swift motion, cut into the top of her stomach.

"Stop!" Zander snatched the knife from her.

she grabbed his shirt.  "I want to see my baby before I die." the woman would not stop until her baby had come into this world.

reluctantly he started to cut his wife open. and pulled out a baby girl. Very small and frail. Afie, very weakly grabbed her child, and let it suckle on her tit. she looked down and began to stroke the child's red hair. She spoke words to the girl in her native language.

*********************************************************************

"She's beautiful, I want to name her Meadhbh." Zander scrunched his nose as tears ran down his face.

"That's awful. How about Maeve." they smiled and she nodded her head. her eyes that once shined now dimmed with every passing second.

"Yes. I love you, Maeve."  Afie lifted the baby to Zander. She laid her head back, her job complete. she had a small smile on her face. Nothing hurt, her heart filled with joy.

"Her legs are so long!" he said playing with Maeve's toes, hoping to make his wife laugh.

But Afie never did.

~too be continued~

~Maeve~

Hours had gone by since the man with one eye had come to see them. Hours since she started labor. Everything hurt, tears from the pain, and she had bruised Margaret's wrist.

"Push!" Margaret said. Maeve closed her eyes and squeezed every bone in her body.

"IT FUCKING HURTS!" Maeve screamed.

"That's alright, but you still need to push!" Margaret said looking up at Maeve.

She pushed again.

"Again!"

She then heard a soft cry, Margaret lifted the baby to Maeve.

Maeve felt whole. The struggling, the pain, at once it was gone. For the first time in almost a year, she didn't care about the world around her. She couldn't believe all that had happened. The baby had red hair, and brilliant blue eyes . They were just like Ivars.

Maeve counted ten fingers and ten toes, both legs and arms. All moving. A healthy baby girl. She couldn't have been more happy.

"Hello, I love you." the baby made a coo. "I'm sorry daddy couldn't make it,  he's far far away." Maeve started to cry. "He would be so happy to meet you, I already know he'll love you. When he gets back I'll have to tell him...He might be mad at me, but he'll love you, and that's all that matters."

All at once the thought of her own path seemed to fade with each minute she held her child. Was it about her anymore? Yes, but also no. What would Ivar even say. She had been pregnant almost as long as she loved Ivar, before he left.

After ten minutes she felt it, oh it was painful. She was tired, but she felt the urge to push again.

"MARGARET" she screamed she couldn't be far. However the thunder started to clap and rumble almost as loud as her screams.

She pushed. trying not to drop the child in her arms.

She pushed. In so much pain she started to sob.

She pushed and before she put her head back on the pillow and closed her eyes, the lighting struck close by and she heard two little cries.

Margaret walked in and gasped.

~Valeria~

The least to say she was mad.

Hviserk was eyeing up the slaves they "brought" with them to sail back Kattegat, Bjorn smiling wider and wider.

"Brother we will have fine coin for them back home!"

Valeria scoffed

"What, you don't like the slaves?"

"I don't like that they are slaves." she snapped back. Hviserk looked at her. "It's wrong"

"Its Viking, and they can gain freedom!" Hviserk said Valeria snarled

"Let's just be happy we set sail for home." Bjorn said, think about the woman he had left. Being away from Lin made him see how much he cared, maybe next time he could bring her with him on a voyage.

"Yes, see how our other brothers fair."

"I miss my best friend. As much as I like hanging out with Helga, she's no Mae."

Bjorn smiled, he could see Lin and her sister standing at the docs when the fleet had arrived. Excited to see everyone, that's just how they where. He remember when he left Lin waved, until he could no longer see her.

"You know, I will never do this again, I'm don't think pillaging is for me." Valeria said to Hviserk
"You can stay in Kattegat next time!" Valeria rolled her eye's and leaned into his embrace.

"It's going to storm," Valeria said, already feeling her stomach churn.

The storms were brutal. Waves bigger than anything but they somehow made it every time. But something about this time felt different.

"Look someone's in the water!" One of the men yelled.

The person was pulled up and coughed the went limp.

They were wearing a US Navy uniform.

~

Hello readers!
I'm sorry the chapters are slow, but I promise the build-up is worth it! Big plans, and event a form the upcoming chapters! Stay tuned!