The Gift

Hey guys, this an edit,I had the full part uploaded but for some reason it only published the 2/3. of it/ here is the ending bit

Please like, and comment:)

-Author Jane

Ivar watched the girls run in and out of the kitchen; getting bowls, plates, cups, and chairs.

"Is it ready yet." One of the girls said

"Let me taste." Said Maeve. A moment of silence passed "IT IS FINISHED!" She yelled and the girls exclaimed with her. "Alright, you're the only one who haven't tried this before. Do you want to try it?" Maeve asked Margret, or at least that's what he assumed.

"It is just broth and meat, no?" She answered back.

"Kinda, but better." Lin explained

Ivar scooted closer to the doors, pecking in.

Maeve was sitting by the pot, Lin to her right, and Valeria was standing behind Margret, who sat in a chair, holding the bowl to her face.

A she drank, Maeve leaned in.

"Sooo?" Margret stoped and licked her lips, then continued to drink until all was finished.

"That, was the most flavorful soup I've ever tasted."

"Thanks, it's probably the chives." Maeve said and put more into the bowl.

After that they all ate and drank, talking about wether or not shaving "the bush" was practical or not anymore, since living in the "past" and proceeded to ask Margret, who said not meany do it.

Ivar had no idea why anyone would shave a plant, especially in the fall when the leaves were falling off.

"Hey, do you think them brothers would still be up?" Maeve asked

" If they are, they would be drunk as horses and probably playing some kind of throwing game in the woods" Margret gave a hearty laugh and the other soon fallowed in. Maeve got up put stew in one of the bowls, took a spoon and a large cloth.

As she came out, Ivar made himself scarce, hiding in shadows and fallowing her quietly.

She stoped outside a very familiar door, his.

She knocked on the door a couple times before calling out to see if he was in there before walking in.

Ivar saw the glow of the fire peek through the side of the open door, hearing a bowl softly hit the floor and the slight clanking of a wooden spoon agents and wood bowl.

She then came out and went back to the kitchen.

When Ivar went into he room, she had laid the white cloth over the wooden, stump like table in his room by the fire, possibly so it wouldn't grow cold as fast.

He debated not eating it, for he had already eaten. However, as he got closer it smelled better, and he had to taste a tiny bit, and he had to say, it tasted good, a lot of flavor.

After he had finished he put the bowl down and looked into the fire.

It reminded him of Maeve, of her hair. The yellow and red mixed together to make a bright warmth around her face. How lovely her face was, how kind her soul. He never wants to admit it, but he liked her, a strange girl that knew nothing of his world or his gods. Yet he wanted her. He liked the way her skin looked under the cold sun. He liked the way her breast bounced when she ran, and her ass jiggled too. He like the way she spoke free and the way she didn't see him anything else but his equal. Not like a monster.

And not too far away Maeve thought about him. His blue eyes, his strong jaw and arms, his accent. Damn his accent, it was sexy, it made her blush. He totally butchered her name but it sounds better the way he says it.

He would say it like 'Meve', or the occasional Ma-eve whenever he introduced her to other people.

But how could she say that to, arguably, the most famous Viking in history, a man she knows will go to war and war again. Pretty much the most Viking, Viking, to ever Viking. She would change history, if he were to reciprocate, but maybe that's the point of her being here, to change the past.

Maeve decided that she would help him from that point on, if she was stuck in the past, she might as well prepare for the future. If that meany changing it, maybe it wouldn't be so bad. The future was falling apart at the seams anyway.

Maeve, walked to her room and pulled out a piece of paper, and a quill. It was hard at first, but she had grown used to ink and quill, so she drew. She drew what was known and crutches, she drew the vest diagram she could and prepared to explain what it was, leaving English notes on the paper, forgetting he wouldn't be able to read them.

She drew more and more until her hand cramped and her ideas started to mush together. She took the diagram of the crutches, of all the papers filled with other helpful tools, and folded it neatly and walked towards Ivar's room.

Without thinking, she barged in to see him shirtless.

"Oh my god...s I'm sorry, um, heres this, ah, goodnight." she said, hand slightly covering her eyes, holding out the paper with the other.

"It is fine, have you never seen a man without a shirt?" Ivar teased, taking  the paper and starting to unfold.

"I have, it's just, you know what, forget about it, I'm just tired."  her cheeks grew red

"What is this?" Ivar looked at the scribbles.

"They're called Crutches, they are for walking when injured normally, but I thought they could be a good idea to help you at least start to walk."

" And where did you get such ideas like this."

"Modern medicine, we have advanced ways of helping people. I thought I'd spend the time to design something a little more fit for your materials, and or size."

"You did this, for me?"

He looked at the papers, thinking of how he would make them, what black smith to go too.

"Yeah, no big deal, goodnight." she turned away and left the room.

But it was a big deal...