Chapter 1: Grey

"Heroes are good."

A hand slid over my bare thigh, the other clawing at my shirt.

"Heroes are good."

Chains dug into my wrists and ankles, the gag around my mouth painfully tight.

"Heroes are good."

The man in front of me grinned, our faces a breadth apart. His messy hair was slightly damp from the sweat he had accumulated during the fight with the monster, that now laid dead in the street. Tears pricked at my eyes as his fingers slowly crawled up my leg, almost touching my underwear now.

"HEROES ARE GOOD!!!"

"Hey, baby, we're going to my place after this, alright?" I wanted to scream, shake my head furiously, kick him away from me, but I was chained by both steel and fear. My heart was beating out of my chest as he finally ripped off the tatters of my shirt, leaving my bra completely exposed. "Please... Heroes are supposed to be good... So, why?"

His hand reached for my boob, my eyes squeezed shut with horror, when I felt the pressure release from my shoulders. Hesitantly, I let my eyelids flutter open, a muscular young man with grey hair standing before me. "So I hear that you're the newest addition to A-class! What was your name again..." He tapped his chin, an almost comical expression on his face. Snapping his fingers, his yellow iris lit up. "That's right! Iron Chain!"

The hero struggled out of the trash that he had been thrown into, glowering at the man. "What's it to you?! I was in the middle of something, you know!" He gestured to me, clearly too upset to be cautious. The man looked at me, his eyes getting wide when he saw my state, like he was noticing me for the first time.

We held eye contact, the guy careful not to look anywhere else on my body. "Hey, miss, did this guy do that to you?" I was too much in shock to do anything, terrified to know what would happen to both of us if I nodded. When he saw me hesitate, a big grin became plastered on his face, revealing his teeth; a few of them looked pointed, but the smile made me feel at ease.

"Don't worry about a thing," He licked his lips, backing into a fighting stance. "This just gives me more reason to tear this guy limb from limb!" Iron Chain brought out his weapons, ready to respond to the attack. The man jumped into battle, the smirk from earlier still on his face.

He was almost too fast for my eyes to keep up with, bouncing around the alleyway with the agility of an acrobat. Iron Chain only got a couple hits on him, but I could practically hear the man's bones cracking from the pressure of a steel ball colliding with his body. Still, he seemed almost unaffected, continuing the fight as though nothing was wrong.

My mind drifted to the moments before he came; I was simply trying to get my groceries for the week when the monster showed up. Normally, I would ignore such villains and go about my way, but today this one decided to talk to me. I responded politely, simply keeping up the conversation when Iron Chain showed up. Insisting that I was some sort of damsel in distress, he defeated the monster.

"I saved your life." He had told me, grinning with pride while I glanced around at the deserted streets. I halfheartedly thanked him, quite sure that I had been fine, not that it mattered. The monster had been rampaging beforehand, so it was a villain. I suppose that it deserved to be punished. "Aren't you going to offer me a reward?" Iron Chain had asked me while I considered his thought process to be very childish.

"I'm sorry... I don't really have anything to give you..." I tried to explain to him, but he pushed on. "Oh, I can think of one thing."

The fight ended in no longer than ten minutes, the grey haired man walking away, the same smile on his face. My mouth was dry, tears dripping down my face by now. He left the alley without giving me a second glance, Iron Chain left limp in a heap of boxes.