Chapter 4: One Bedroom Apartment

"Did you get everything?" I peaked around the aisle to see Garou staring at a shelf of different types of cereal. His attention snapped back to me at the sound of my voice, nodding his head. "Yeah, I'm good." I pushed the cart up to him as he took one last glance at the colorful boxes. "What, you want a limited edition prize or something?" I nudged his side teasingly, only to get a smack on the head. "No! I'm just bored out of my mind waiting for you to hurry up and finish!"

I puffed out my cheeks, rubbing the spot where he had hit me. "Fine, you have to push the cart now! And forget about the ice cream!"

"Oh c'mon, that's just cruel, Y/n!" Garou leaned against the cart, his eyes narrowed while I walked on ahead to the cash registers. Still pouting, I stomped on, ignoring him completely. "Y/n! It was a joke!" Garou grabbed my arm, looking just as pouty as I did. We held each other's stare, until finally I gave in with a small laugh. "Fine, fine, let's go."

We were back in line, this time, though, both of us happily licking up the drips of our icy vanilla treats. "You weren't kidding earlier! This stuff is great..." Garou was basically attacking his cone, resorting to biting pieces of it off and getting the melted parts all over his face. I giggled, handing him a paper napkin with an eyebrow raised. "You're making a mess..."

"I am?" He cocked his head before running his tongue all over his lips. "There, I got it all right?"

"Well, if you're not counting this part," I grabbed my own napkin and rubbed his chin with it. "And here," I moved to the tip of his nose, wiping there. "Oh, and right here too." I finished by cleaning the last of it that was on his cheek. "I could of gotten it by myself..." Garou snatched the napkin away, grinning all the same which made his normally threatening nature fade away.

"Whoa, who's this?" I whipped around to see a familiar cashier ringing up our groceries. "Yuki!" A male that was an old friend of mine pushed some of his brown hair back with a smirk. "Long time no see, huh, Y/n."

"I saw you last week though..."

"That's a long time!"

Garou crunched on his cone while glaring at Yuki, clearly uncomfortable with the situation. "Oh, sorry, Garou. This is Yuki. Yuki, this is Garou." I gestured to each person, Yuki raising his hand in a lazy wave. "What's up, new guy?" Garou's eyes narrowed even more, finishing the last bit of his cone in one bite. "Grocery shopping." Yuki chuckled at his dry response, his green eyes flashing with the annoyance that he was trying to hide. "Really now?"

The tension between the two of them made me fidget and I began to dig through my backpack, pretending that I was looking for my wallet. I pulled out my credit card and paid, Yuki and Garou still staring each other down. "Well," I spoke up to break their gazes. "We should probably be getting back now... See ya later, Yuki!" His face immediately melted into a smile, winking at me. "For sure! I'll stop by the cafe some time soon."

"Sounds good!" I waved to him as Garou pushed the cart and dragged me by the arm. "C'mon, let's go home already..."

We both grabbed some of the bags and shoved the cart back into the holding area. Garou was stonily silent on the way back, making the trip a lot more uncomfortable than what I had hoped for. Before I could think of something to say, he spoke up. "Who was that guy?"

"Oh, Yuki? He's an old friend of mine from high school,"

"I didn't like him."

His quick response made me blink hard in shock; I could tell that Garou wasn't being exactly friendly, but I never expected him to be so blunt about it. "Why not? He's really a nice guy once you get to know him."