Chapter 14: Pajama Party (part 2)

hello everyone!!! i hope this chapter finds you well <3 this chapter is longggg like wow... didn't mean to write that much lol so i guess this 'pajama party' chapter series is gonna be three parts!!! you'll understand later on why that is. and you might hate me a bit too lol don't worry i'll make up for it with an amazing part three hehe. also!!! my cover got an update!!! it's all thanks to the amazing _yoojii_ so big thanks to her!!! literally i love her gosh, go give her a follow if you can <3 anyways, happy reading my luvs!!!

I was tired of this already. Garou was not the only problem here; Makoto's attitude was only adding fuel to the fire. I wedged myself between the two, holding my arms out and pushing each of them back. "Stop. Just stop." My voice was lethally stony, an unusual tone that was only used when I was seriously angry. Haruhi sucked in her breath, recognizing the sound immediately. Even she had seen this version of Y/n before. And it wasn't pretty.

Makoto and Garou both froze, surprised by my sudden shift in attitude. I first turned to Garou, my eyes suddenly much more frightening then his could ever be. "You. Stop it. Be nice to my friends or else I'm sending your ass home. Got it?" Garou averted his eyes for a moment, obviously caught off guard by my behavior. Then he met my gaze again, his own eyes burning with fire. "Why are you siding with him?!" He pointed to Makoto angrily, his mouth pulling back into a snarl.

I crossed my arms, not bothering to get worked up over his attitude. "Let me make something very clear," My hand shot out, grabbing the front of his onesie and pulling his face near mine. "I don't care what you do most of the time, but do not mess with my friends." Still keeping my grip firm on Garou, I turned to look at Makoto, my stare getting slightly colder. "And senpai, though he's a total idiot and is unable to interact with people,"

"Hey!" Garou protested my description of him, but I continued anyways.

"This dumbass is my boyfriend. And I love him. So try and be nice, please."

Makoto blinked twice, completely dumbfounded by my words, but I was fed up. I wanted to have a great night with my friends, not be the object of some love tug-of-war. This situation was not going to fly with me right now. My senpai smiled nonetheless, apologetically lowering his green eyes. "I'm sorry Y/n, that was indeed uncalled for on my part." He extended a hand toward Garou, his expression seemingly genuine. "You have my apologies, Wolf-san. Let's start over, 'mkay?"

Garou stared at his hand, slightly disgusted. His eyes flickered back up to look into Makoto's, clearly still harboring some disdain toward him. "I don't need your apology and I don't need your handshake, so you can take both back. Consider yourself lucky, though, because I'll restrain myself from doing anything too horrible because Y/n forbids it. But that's the only reason. I don't like you."

"Oh good!" Makoto laughed, his grin returning to the slightly wicked one from before. "So I don't have to pretend to be your friend. That was going to be awful and I'm not that good of an actor. I happily retract both my handshake and apology. Both of them were fake anyways."

Haruhi looked at them completely dumbfounded. "Are you two trying to get killed by Y/n-chan?! Do you realize how angry she is right now?!" She stamped her foot on the ground, getting a little worked up herself. I smiled softly at her, breaking my demon mode for a brief moment. "Don't worry, Haruhi-chan. I'm not forcing them to become best friends. Simply getting along well enough for it not to affect the night it all I'm asking for." I looked between the two boys with a hopeful smile. "And they can do that for me, right?"

Garou sighed, slipping his calloused hand into mine. "I guess," He could never simply be agreeable, but the mere fact that he was making an effort made me smile widely. Makoto, on the other hand, instantly nodded his head. "Of course! I am not so selfish to ruin the night for my friends over my own distaste for someone," He gave a quick glance toward Garou, obviously hinting that Garou would have.