Chapter 13: Pajama Party (part 1)

hi everyone!!! i had to split this chapter up into two parts because otherwise it was gonna be a super duper long chapter and i wanted to feel as though i accomplished something and post lol anyways i hope that everyone is doing well and staying safe <3 please guys there is nothing i want more than the safety of both my friends and family, as well as your friends and family. i wish the best for everyone here and remember we're in the together!!! i'll be here for you guys, hopefully making you smile in these rough times. i love you all xoxo

I bounced on the bed, my legs swinging back and forth as I waited for the door to open. The soft fleece of my onesie was gripped tightly in my hands; the anticipation was practically eating me alive. "Y/n, do I have to?!" There was another shout of protest and I quickly hopped off of the bed, pressing my face against the door. "Yes! And hurry, Haruhi's gonna be here any minute!" I could hear some mumbling on the other side, but at least he was putting it on. My hands gripped the door knob, slowly turning it so that it didn't make any noise. I opened it just a tiny bit so that I could peak across the hallway and into the bathroom.

Garou was staring down at the buttons on the front, clumsily trying to match them up with their appropriate partner. I giggled, making his gaze snap over toward me. With childish zeal, I screamed a little, slammed the door shut, jumped back onto the bed only to cover my face with a pillow.

But it was too late. Garou threw the door open and grabbed me by the waist, slinging me over his shoulder so that my face was dangling against his chest. "What were you laughing at?!" He wrinkled his nose angrily, but I couldn't take him seriously in his wolf onesie. "These," I pointed to his mismatched buttons. "And you, of course," I poked his cheek with a small smirk. He rolled his eyes and threw me back onto the bed. "C'mon, don't be mad! Are you gonna be like this all night?"

Garou glared back at me, clearly annoyed. "Look, I'm going to this party that I don't want to go to, in clothes that I don't want to wear, surrounded by people that I don't want to see. Sorry I'm not jumping for joy over it." His curt reply dampened my bubbly enthusiasm. I slid off the bed and sheepishly walked up to him, fiddling with one of his buttons. "We don't have to go if you really don't wanna..." He watched me sulk and play with the button before grabbing my hand. "I mean," A heavy sigh made his shoulders rise and fall. "I'm already in this dumb outfit. I guess just one night with all those crackheads won't kill me."

My head snapped up, my eyes practically sparkling. "Really?!" He chuckled, flicking me on the forehead. "Don't expect it to happen again, though." I flinched as his fingers hit me, rubbing the spot; it stung a lot more than I expected. Even his hands were unnaturally strong. "Fine, fine... At least let me fix these buttons for you." I was still grinning even though Garou was being stubborn; at least I got him to agree to this.

My fingers nimbly began to fix his buttons, one by one, until I was back at the top, looking up at him as I buttoned the last one correctly. "There we go," I smiled up at him, unable to hide my giggles. "Stop laughing!" Garou growled, so fitting in his wolf onesie. This only made me laugh harder, much to his dismay. "Why are you laughing at me?! You're dressed up like a bear!"

"Actually, this is not just any bear! It's Rilakkuma!" I pouted at his words, crossing my arms while Garou rolled his eyes. "Yeah, yeah, same difference." I was about to argue more when my phone buzzed on the bed. Garou snatched it up before I could get to it, holding it above my head. "Garou!" I jumped, trying to at least snag onto the charm that dangled down, but to no avail. Garou snickered at my antics, clearly enjoying this little game. The phone started to ring, a cheery tone pouring out of the small pink device.

Garou swiftly answered the phone, coyly holding me back with the palm of his hand as I swung my fists at him. "Hello?" Garou stuck his tongue out at me when he greeted the caller. "Give it back!" I screamed, pretty sure that the person on the other end could hear me. "Shh, Y/n, I'm on the phone. Go ahead, Haruhi," I pouted, my arms crossed as he talked with my best friend. After a few minutes, he snapped the phone shut and stuck it in his pocket. "She's here and wants us to come down,"