Chapter 17: Yandere Effect

ahhh here we are lovelies~ the long awaited chapter to resolve that cliff hanger that i know you all loved uwu i hope that you all enjoy!!!

Makoto's Point of View

*earlier that day*

Oh no, I was doing it again. I stared at myself in the mirror as I washed my hands, my fingers running over each other as the burning hot water poured onto them. Steam curled up from the facet, almost as a warning that I was going to burn myself if I didn't cool the water temperature. But I didn't care. I just wanted to keep trying to clear my head of these thoughts. Clean my hands of their desires.

Finally, I cut off the water. I could hear the clatter of dishes from outside of the bathrooms and the cheerful chatter of the patrons. I bet the others were wondering where I was. Or maybe they weren't. Maybe they were too busy trying to serve everyone and get the meals ready. I dried my hands off, tossing the paper towel into the trashcan, but I didn't leave yet. Instead I stared at myself in the mirror. My hands, that were still stinging from the heat, flew into my hair, pushing it back and combing through the messy strands. My green eyes stared back at me, burning with the intensity that I always forced myself to hide.

I told myself that I couldn't do this. Not again. I told myself that it would be too risky this time; she would find out for sure.

"But what if she didn't,"

My lips curled into a grin, my expression teetering on the edge of psychotic as I looked back at myself. I mean, if I did everything correctly, she wouldn't. And when had I messed up before? Never. Look at Y/n. She was still none the wiser to what I did in the background. Every tragic accident, she never suspected a thing. I touched my reflection, the mirror now showing the person that everyone knew. That Y/n knew. Not that psychopath that had just made his guest appearance only seconds ago. I took a deep breath before flashing myself a smile. It wasn't my fault, after all. It was his. No one can control their desires for too long.

Besides, it wasn't like I hadn't warned him. It wasn't like I hadn't tried to chase him away. He brought this fate upon himself. My actions were all in the name of love after all! And all's fair in love and war.

I walked out of the staff bathroom, my heartbeat escalating with excitement. A laugh almost escaped me, but I quickly covered my mouth. I always got a little giddy before I did this. Especially now; I had been planning this moment for weeks, though I had been trying to keep it tucked away in the back of my mind. So now it was like a rush of desires, my feelings all mixing together into an exhilarating wave of adrenaline. It was so much fun, could anyone really blame me? Still, I had to execute this properly or else it wouldn't be fun at all. I would lose to that Wolf. And, worst of all, I would lose Y/n.

I came upon the lockers; none of us actually kept them locked, though, as we trusted each other. That made things easy. I opened Y/n's locker and instantly, I felt my heart rate spike. My head pounded as my eyes greedily looked over her things; even her things seemed to hold that special scent that lingered on her clothes, her hair, her skin even. It was intoxicating.

But I had to focus. I forced myself to snap out of the trance that threatened to overtake me as I reached for her backpack. Quickly checking to make sure that no one was coming into the backroom, I then opened her backpack, rifling through the contents until I found it.

The metallic pink surface of her Motorola flip phone glittered in the artificial lighting of the room, taking on a lovely rose hue that fit Y/n well. A small charm hung off the side, dangling cutely as I flicked the device open. The screen lit up, displaying Y/n's home page. I quickly navigated the device, opening her text messages. It wasn't too hard to find Garou's contact; in fact, he was one of the people she had texted most recently. Just the thought made my skin prickle with hatred.