Chapter One

Thanks to Fighter13 for the awesome cover.

Wally opened his eyes. He was in a dimly lit room, tied to a chair. He pulled against the ropes as hard as he could, but they just wouldn't give.

"Don't even bother trying," A quiet voice behind him said.

He twisted his head around to see a skinny girl bound by the same rope that restrained him. Her blonde hair was dirty and she was hanging her head. Wally could see her bloody arms and wrists.

"I already did," The girl continued. "Nothing works." She sounded resigned.

"Well, maybe if we both-"

"Don't you think that I already considered that? The last guy in here tried that with me. Still didn't work and he got killed that night. It's pointless."

"Why are you still alive?"

The blonde laughed harshly. "I'm here for punishment, not a death sentence. I screwed up."

"Wait... does that mean that you work with the bad guys?"

"The Shadows, yeah."

'So I was captured by the Shadows. No surprise there.' Wally thought.

"You must've screwed up pretty bad."

"I did. I didn't kill someone that I was under direct orders from Ra's al Ghul to assassinate."

"Why didn't you?"

"I didn't want to. I've never wanted to work with the villains, but as the daughter of Huntress and Sportsmaster, I wasn't exactly given a choice. I've been trained since I was in diapers."

"Well, that sucks. I'm the Flash's nephew and I was never forced into this gig."

"You hero kids are lucky. You get a say in your life. If you wanna be normal, you can be normal. If you want to be a hero, you can be a hero. You could probably be flipping villain if you wanted to. Me, I've never had the choice and I never will."

Wally felt sympathetic for the girl. That must be awful. "What's your name?" He asked.

"Tigress. At least, that's my alias. Dad would kill me if I told someone my secret ID."

Wally nodded, understanding. Suddenly, someone entered the room. Sportsmaster. He untied the ropes, grabbed Tigress and tied Wally up again. He tried to use his speed, but he was wearing an inhibitor collar. He was spun around to face the door. He watched as Tigress was flung to the ground. Sportsy spilled a water bottle on the floor. "Drink it," He ordered his daughter. She shook her head. He slammed her head into the concrete floor with his foot, then removed his foot from her head. Tigress weakly lifted her head and lapped up the water with her tongue. Wally was disgusted. The man was treating his daughter, his own flesh and blood, like a dog.

Wally watched the blonde girl- he could now see her bruised face and could tell that she was about his age- being yanked to her feet and dragged down the hall. He heard a few screams from her, and then she was out of earshot. He was horrified, and was consumed with the thought of her when the League showed up. Flash cut the ropes and Bats removed the collar.

"Kid, are you alright?"

"I am! But there was a girl in here with me! Sportsmaster dragged her off a half hour ago! We need to find her!" Wally exclaimed, not wanting to abandon Tigress.

"Wally, we searched every one of the cells and torture rooms for you. We only saw three other people, and they were all dead. The only one who was female was a blonde woman."

Panic shot through Wally. "How old?"

"Late twenties, early thirties, somewhere in that range." Canary said.

Wally sighed, in both relief and worry. "The girl in here with me was blonde, but she was about my age."

"Well, we didn't see her, Wally. I'm sorry. We have to go now."

Wally reluctantly allowed himself to be lead to a helicopter. 'If Tigress wasn't there, then where was she?' He thought as the copter flew him back to the cave. 'And does she still need to be saved, or is it already too late? And does she even need saving at all, or will she be forgiven?'