Chapter Ten

"Hey," Megan said. "Has anyone seen Wally and/or Artemis? They left like four hours ago. It's time for dinner and they're not here. And Wally's always early for dinner. "

"Ah, there's nothing to worry about! I'm sure they're fine!" Robin said. "They're probably just making out in an alley or something. They'll be here in a few minutes."

But when the couple still wasn't back an hour and a half later, they started getting really worried. After another half hour, they knew that something was seriously wrong.

"Ok, something happened," Robin said.

"Yep," Conner agreed.

"You don't think that Artemis betrayed him, do you?" Megan asked worriedly. She and the blonde had bonded, and she didn't want to lose that friendship.

Robin shook his head. "I doubt it. She had no motive. Plus, the League had her checked with a truth spell. She isn't working with the Shadows in any way, shape, or form."

"Well, then, we need to look for them!"

"No kidding!"

The four teens split up to search Happy Harbor. Robin scoured uptown. Conner took downtown. Kaldur took the beaches. Megan took the suburbs.

Conner and Megan ended up running into each other in one of the alleys that separated what the town considered downtown and suburbs. "You found anything?" Conner asked.

"No," Megan said, looking down. When she did, she saw a folded piece of paper. She bent over and picked it up. She opened it and read it, gasping when she did so.

"What?" Conner asked.

"Everyone needs to meet back up in the cave. This is important."

At the cave, everyone gathered around. Megan read the note. "Dear Justice Brats, Wanna find your little speedster friend? Solve this riddle. An island in the middle of a deep blue sea, that goes on forever until you reach green. You will find him at the third of four in number three. -Sportsmaster and the Shadows

"Well, sh**." Robin said.

"What the h*** does that even mean?" Conner said angrily. "And what about Artemis? The note doesn't mention her."

"She is probably with Wally," Kaldur said calmly. "They most likely did not think that we would care about her."

"Kaldur has a point," Robin said. "Now, let's figure out this stupid riddle."