Chapter Seventeen

I'm so glad that all of you liked this story so much! I'm sorry about the cliffhanger- I apologize - (ok, no I'm not sorry) but that's it! I hope that you liked it!

JK! Ok, how bad did I scare you?

The door banged against the wall. The sword pointed at Artemis, ready to run her through, clanged to the floor. There stood the team. Artemis smiled. They hadn't left her after all.

Before anyone had really any time to react, M'gann slammed Sportsmaster's and Ra's head together. Both men crumpled to the floor, ditzy. Wally ran over to them, knocking them out. Cheshire just dropped her sai, grabbed Cam, and disappeared in a cloud of smoke.

Everyone crowded around Artemis. "You sure that you're ok?" Megan asked urgently.

Artemis laughed. "I'm fine, thanks to you guys."

"What happened after your dad sold you last night?" Wally asked desperately.

"Oh, he gave me to Icicle Jr.. Who just so happens to be my best friend."

Everyone laughed. "So that worked out for you, huh?" Conner said.

"Yep. Anyway, help me up?" Wally hauled her to her feet. "Thanks. Now, I want to get home. Let's get those two locked up."

Everyone agreed. Sportsmaster and Ra's were dumped in Belle Reve to later be interrogated by the League. 

Artemis actually went home to visit her mother, who was ecstatic to see her. Artemis had been taken by the League right before her mother was released from prison, so they hadn't seen each other yet. They planned to hang out the next day and get to know each other again. Artemis went to sleep in her own bed for the first time in months, and feeling content, went to sleep.