Chapter Five

For Karma_WarHawx. I know you wanted another chapter 

Artemis leaned against the wall of the conference room as the other Shadows went over what everyone was doing.

"Cheshire, Vertigo, and Sportsmaster will be posing as guards. Vertigo at Belle, Cheshire and Sportsmaster at Lian Yu, Icicle Junior, Tigress, and Klarion will pose as prisoners, Junior and Klarion at Belle Reve, Tigress at Lian Yu. Any questions?" Ra's al Ghul stated. He was answered with silence. "Good. Now, head out."

Hours later, Artemis was being shoved forward in chains and an inhibitor collar by her father and sister, whom both resembled two guards at the prison. Artemis wasn't in disguise at all, they'd faked her arrest. She was flung into a cell. "Enjoy," Her father snarled. Artemis glared at him.

"Hey, kid," A voice said. Artemis rolled over and looked up. Three other women were in the room, one African, two Asian. The woman who spoke was one of the Asian women. She had amber eyes and was clearly blind in right one.

"You're not going to try anything are you? You look too smart to do something as stupid as that." She cracked her knuckles.

Suddenly Artemis was behind her, wrapping an arm around her neck. "I'm Sportsmaster's protégée. I can snap your neck in a second. But I won't." She released the woman.

The woman smirked. "You got spunk, kid. I'm Lee, that's Shang, and that's Katia."

"Lian."

"Seriously? That's ironic."

Artemis shrugged. "Can't help my name."

Lee laughed. "True." A bell rang. "C'mon kid, time for dinner."

Artemis ate the food. It wasn't bad. Granted that was because it was only a few spoonfuls of rice. She was glad her dad taught her how to make do in far worse situations. Artemis quickly had a rep as dangerous, despite her size and young age. At "eighteen", she was the youngest.

When it got dark, it was time for bed. Artemis crawled onto the bottom bunk, under Shang. Tomorrow. She only had to wait until tomorrow for the JL to come foil the plan and arrest the Shadows. Hopefully that's what would happen, anyway.

She just had to wait until tomorrow.