Chapter 11

Adrienne's Point Of View

No one saw Raven after that until the next day. They found a body in the Chasm. The body was mutilated. However the black hair, told everyone that it was in fact Raven's body. I couldn't believe that. I refused to believe that. Images of Raven rushed through my brain. Then it hit me. The scream. Her bloody leg. She was alive. I could feel it.

The first person I headed to was Four. If anyone was going to believe me, it'd be him. I headed towards the dorm. No one was there except I could hear the shower. I headed towards the water and found a fully clothed Eric on his knees in the shower. I stepped closer and heard his sobs. He was crying. "Eric?"

He looked up at me. He was crying. "Leave. Now." He said with so much hatred in his voice it almost slapped me. I smiled. It really has been a weird couple of days. I almost forgot that everyone thought, I hated her. I did. I do. Right? "Are you OK?" I ask stupidly. Of course he wasn't OK. If he was OK, then he wouldn't be crying fully clothed in the shower. He got up. I stepped back in shock. When he moved away from me, I exhaled. A second later, he was dripping all over his bed. I sat next to him. "I don't know. I honestly don't know. I mean we never even kissed," he shook his head. I could tell he was having another conversation with himself. "She's not dead. She can't be dead."

"She's dead. Accept it. Move on."

I half expected the words to have come out of my mouth, but they didn't. They came from Four. He walked into the room. The first thing I notice are his swollen eyes. He's been crying. I look back at Eric. His eyes, that were once filled with sorrow, misery, and longing, were now filled with anger and rage. "You don't know what you're talking about." Eric said to him standing up.

"Don't I? I've known her for twelve years. You've known her for what? Two weeks? I know a lot more than you about the real her. And the real her would do something like this," he said slowly walking towards us. His expressions slowly hardening. His words seemed to thicken the air around us. Was he right? Would she really do something like this? Would the "real" her do this?

"I might've known her for two weeks, but I know enough. Raven wouldn't do this." Eric said. this made Four smile.

"Maybe Raven wouldn't do this, but I'm betting she wasn't Raven when she did that. She was Cate. My Cate. She would do this. She would try to hurt herself. She has before," Four had a pained look on his face.

Eric was shaking his head, "No. She wouldn't do this. Cate. Raven. Whoever she was, she wouldn't do this."

"Well, she did. Neither of us could've stopped her. She made her decision, now we have to live with it."

"You were with her. You could've stopped her. You did this to get to me. You wanted me to suffer. You probably pushed her," Eric was screaming. Four didn't reply. "Mark my words Four. I will make you pay for taking her away from me."

I gave up on both of them. They were too emotional. I turned and left. This time I headed for Amar.