Chapter 24

It was a typical morning. Tzuyu was preparing her luggage for her trip going back to Taiwan. Today is the start of their summer break. It reminded her of Chaeyoung since it was also this time of the year where they agreed to have a vacation in Japan for the whole summer break. She really misses her cute little best friend. She felt like there is something missing within her without the girl. A puzzle piece that would only be complete if the three of them would be together. We agreed to never separate but how dare she left without saying anything. She thought..

"Yoda! you have a package!" Dahyun called from downstairs. They still live together, even though they are missing one person in the house.

"Coming!" she left her unpacked clothes and went down to Dahyun. She wondered where the package would come from because she didn't order anything online.

"You ordered a painting?" Dahyun gave her a look. She knows Tzuyu is not an artsy person. Chaeyoung were the only one interested in paintings and such.

"Ani." she's having a clueless look that convinced Dahyun that she's not lying.

"But it's written in your name and our address" Dahyun proceeded to remove the cover of the painting. It was a black swan. A dancing black swan. Dahyun doesn't have any idea what the painting means. There was no letter too, not even the address of the sender. But unlike Dahyun, Tzuyu starts to examine the painting. Squinting her eyes, she thoroughly search for any clue. There on the very edge of the painting is a very small dots and lines of red. Tracing the red paint she saw it in other colors too. If you're not keen enough you would really thought that it was just a pretty design in the background but no it isn't. The only person she knows that could do this is..

"It was Somi who sent this. Chaeyoung needs our help" she suddenly blurted. Surprising the eagle on her side.

"What? how could you say that?" Tzuyu didn't answer that question at all but instead she turned around, gave Dahyun the look that they always share when there's exciting things to happen.

"Pack your things we're going back to Japan" Dahyun wanted to ask more but the taller one has already gone back to her room. Leaving a confused Dahyun in the living room. She took a glance back at the painting. Still processing what the Yoda said.

If that's true.. that girl would really get a smack from me for making us worried all these fucking ten months! she thought. Following the younger one, she did started packing her things, not forgetting to send a message to her lover, informing her the news.

After knowing that there's a possibility of her not coming back, their Nayeon unnie literally made a scene and freak out. They all know that the older is extra protective to Chaeyoung as she treat her like a real little sister too. All of them tried to reach the girl but it's useless. There's nothing they can do, but still, hope is there and if that painting is their ticket to take her back. No doubt that they'll do anything to help her.

...

The sky is dark with glitters of stars and bright full moon accompanying it. Cold breeze pass by her bare arms. Sana shivered to the contact with the air. She mentally scolded herself for wearing a sleeveless shirt on a cold night time. The shiba no longer has a blonde hair instead, it is now coated in dark brown color. Dahyun was the one who persuaded her in changing it. She doesn't have the heart to reject the girl and it was not really a bad idea for a simple change.

She's leaning on her car while waiting patiently for the girls. She'll be lying if what Dahyun said didn't stirred her thoughts. She knows that Somi knows where Chaeyoung is right now. But the the rest besides her cousins does not know that the girl was involved in the disappearance of Chaeyoung. Many things changed within those months of not having the cub around. Mina going back to her old self with a new rebuild walls and coldness. She can't blame her cousin. Mina had been through a lot and Chaeyoung's revelation as well as her leaving is enough reason for Mina to retract her heart.