Chapter 26

The noise from an opening door wakes the sleeping cub. Slowly opening her lids, a dim light from the lamp on her side illuminate her vision. Jihyo's head pop out from the slight open door. Chaeyoung saw the girl in her still dazed mind.

Jihyo entered the room seeing that Chaeyoung has regained her consciousness. Chaeyoung were surprised to see her unnie along with a warm smile on her face. The older girl carefully stepped inside the room and to her side. That's then she noticed a sleeping figure on her side, facing her direction and laying her head on the bed besides the cub's hand.

"She never left your side when you were brought here" Jihyo sat on the empty couch, still looking straight on her eyes.

Chaeyoung doesn't know what to say or to react. She could even more believe it if all of these were just a dream. Not that she hate it but the feelings were surreal. She stayed silent, absorbing the reality in front of her.

"She doesn't hate you Chaeng.. not even once. Maybe at some point she felt angry at you but she can't hate you and you must know that" each words stab right through her heart like a bullet. Her eyes starts to sting as hot tears starts flow. Her breathing hitched as the cries were suppressed, afraid to awake the sleeping penguin. Jihyo stood up to hug her.

"Please don't leave us again. We can't imagine not having you by our side forever. Besides, she needs you Chaeng" with those last words, she kissed Chaeyoung's temple and left the room. Chaeyoung were left with muffled cries from the pain she's feeling, regret, hate, tiredness, and love. All the feelings she had tried to bury. The remorse of what she had done from the killings and doing those bad deeds. Everything come to resurface and make her realize one thing.. All these time she still caused the love of her life pain.

Mina stirred from the little noise coming from the crying girl. When she realized what's happening she does not know what to do. All she see is her love crying so much in front of her. Chaeyoung noticed the girl was already awake and staring at her. She immediately tried to wipe the tears away and calm herself but to her effort she can't. Her tears seems to have a mind on its own. But then she stopped wiping her tears when a certain warm hands hold her cheeks and face steady.

"Hey calm down" Mina softly rub her thumb on her cheeks to soothe the girl crying girl. Brushing the frequent falling tears.

"I.. I'm sorry" Chaeyong said between her sobs.

"It's okay now" Mina pulled her gently and tuck the girl between her neck and shoulder. Hugging her tight to make her know that she's there and she'll never leave.

"Mina- I-I did terrible things.." she cried. Mina stayed silent and just listened to the crying girl, rubbing her back to calm her down.

"I- I killed.. m-many I-I became a monster.. I-I let him" The cries grows harder and Mina could feel the girl's pain but every words the girl utters makes her anger to the man boost to infinity. He killed her parents and now he's trying to take away the girl who gave her hope. There's no way she'll going to let it happen again. He has to go through her dead body before taking Chaeyoung again.