Plethora

Plethora; a large or excessive amount of something.

C H A P T E R    F O R T Y - O N E 

Another week had passed in the flickering of an eye, and our exams were nearer than we had prepared ourselves for. We weren't even close in completing our work, but everyone seemed to be coping up in their own way. Noah's method, which he boasted of being extremely efficient, was making out incessantly and he was hell-bent on persuading me that it should be put into use straight away. Cheeky bastard.

The worst part was that amidst all of our schedules and trying our level best to minimise our work, I had hardly had a chance to talk to Noah properly. He had practice really early, and when he got back, I had classes. We had just exchanged greetings when we were both present in the cafe. I hated this, but the only fact that kept me going was that the weekend was arriving. I had put all of my support into that, hoping that I would get to talk to him properly over the weekend.

This was a very stressful time for all of us. The semester was coming to an end in a month, and along with our exams due after two weeks, we also had the internship announcements. After taking their own leisure time; our professors had finally managed to grade our projects, deciding if our work was worthy enough of landing us an internship. I had worked my ass off on the goddamn project, which took most of my time, so I desperately hoped I would get the result in return.

A lot had happened in the past week; I had managed to make things right with Matt. It turns out; he really was sorry so with each passing day, everything was returning to normal. It didn't surprise me one bit how the awkwardness suddenly disappeared, and things went back to being how they were. Matt had returned to his old ways, calling me every possible city in Australia. Noah had energetically debated whether his decision to make things right between us was a wise one or not and with how annoying Matt was to him, it definitely wasn't a wise one according to him.

Scarlett was late from her jog, so I made an effort to get up and get my coffee by myself and Matt told me he would meet me at the cafe, before the class, so I just decided to hang out there, until class. I entered the cafe and Steph had my usual order ready. 

Matt entered the cafe in the next two minutes and sat across me."What's up, Adelaide?" he smirked at me as I sighed.

"Are you even gonna stop with this?"

"Don't you know me? You shouldn't even be asking me, you know I'm not gonna stop," he ran a hand through his hair, preventing them from falling on his forehead. 

Before I could answer him, Noah walked in. He splashed some water from his Adidas bottle onto his forehead, and a smile took over his face as he saw me sitting in. The black t-shirt he had worn was a perfect fit; doing absolutely no justice to what rested on the inside. He had a small towel resting on his shoulder, as his headphones fell around his neck. His shorts had putten up a display of his excellently toned legs, his calf muscles becoming more prominent each time he took a step. His t-shirt raised a tiny bit, unintentionally and my breath limped in my throat as I got a peek of his V-line. He smirked to himself as he saw me shamelessly checking him out.

"Hey, baby," I murmured, and his eyes went wide. I wasn't of the type to throw around terms like that, so I had stunned myself as well, but it wasn't like I could help myself. He was so irresistible. "You look hot," I praised.

"As always," he said, cockily. He came closer, and the tip of his nose touched my cheek as he kissed me. He clasped my face tenderly with one of his hands, the other staying on my waist. His kiss came so ferociously; I scarcely had any time to catch my breath. I looked up at him as he broke the kiss and flashed me one of his heartbreaking grins.