Felicity

Felicity; intense happiness.

C H A P T E R    F O U R T Y - S E V E N 

Sydney's POV

"As real as it can get," I answered his rhetorical question.

What the hell do you get a guy who possibly has everything? 

If you asked me that a month ago, I would stare blankly at your face, but I already had every single thing figured out. I had been worried sick because I didn't wanna be predictable and get him clothes or a watch, he already had way too many of those, and he wore just one of them to every place. Also, I had a spending limit since I was kind of broke from buying all the food this year. I should really rethink my food expenses. 

I had finished one major part of the plan, which was figuring out what to give him, but now it was the harder part, facing if he actually likes it or not. The expression on Noah's face repaired the preceding confidence I had in my plan that had wavered a little bit. Now that I was looking at his reaction and the smile that was displayed on his face, the one that reached my favorite pair of green eyes and made them light up like it was Christmas, I knew that he liked it, and he didn't even know the entire thing yet.

"We're flying to LA? But for what?" he asked, happy but somewhat confused.

I took out his real gift from my purse and showed it to him. "This is why."

"Shut up fuck up. You did not!" he whispered slowly, taking it from my hand.

"Well, I was tired of your constant whining about how unfair it was that I got to attend an Arctic Monkeys concert, and you never did even though you're the bigger fan," I replied, shrugging my shoulders lightly.

"How the hell did you manage to get these? I still can't believe you did it, holy shit!"

"It's a very long chain, and I had to take help from Chris who had to convince his coach to convince his brother, anyway, we had to pull a lot of strings, but we managed to get three tickets for tomorrow night, that was the closest show they had to your birthday. There is none on your birthday, but I figured that's a good thing so that we can come back here, and you get to spend it with all of us here," I said, and he looked at me like I was crazy.

"Babe, do you really think I care what date it is? I'm going to an Arctic Monkeys concert!" he said, putting an enormous amount of excitement in his tone.

"Wait, I thought your favorite band was Queen?" Scar asked Noah.

"Who says I can't love more than one band? he answered back with a question.

Noah came closer and encircled his arms around me, capturing me in a bone-crushing hug. "You are the best person in the world. I...I can't thank you enough for this," he whispered, the contact of our bodies, making sparks go off in my body like springs. 

"You don't have to thank me, Noah," I told him, and he kissed my temple in response.

"Wait, you said you got three tickets, where's the third one?" Jordan asked.

Noah and I broke apart from the hug, but his hand stayed glued on my waist as he looked down at me. "Yeah, about that, I pestered Chris a lot for this whole thing, and he said that he wasn't giving us a choice and that one of the tickets was unquestionably his," I explained. "So, you're going to have to tolerate him for the whole day tomorrow. Sorry about that in advance," I said, grinding my teeth.

"What are you talking about? I love that guy," Noah said, referring to Chris.

"If love means scared shitless, then yeah, you definitely love him," Scarlett scoffed, making me chuckle.