CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

Quinn was sat on the poor state of a stool in her small kitchen

Quinn was sat on the poor state of a stool in her small kitchen. Between her hands was a cup of hot tea, which was usually what she drank when feeling like total crap-which Isaac knew since he had prepared for it.

Said male was leaning on the noisy refrigerator, making a noise sounding about ready to give up any day now. Her house was the same state his old one was when he lived with his dad before his death.

Isaac never actually been anywhere but Quinn's bedroom in the basement, whereas the rest of the house was completely foreign to him.

He felt suffocated just standing in the small kitchen feeling completely horrible knowing Quinn had been staying here while he was now living in the McCall's residence. He half expected the house to be in better shape than his old one, but he was proved wrong immediately. While he was in his thoughts about Quinn's living arrangements, he couldn't help but notice the strong emptiness.

"Where is Quinton?" Isaac dared to ask slowly turning to her and noticed how her lips tightened shut. It took a moment as she opened her mouth licking her dry lips.

"He left" was all she said and the dreadful feeling once again formed around Isaac.

"Quinn I-

"Don't you dare apologize" She shot her head up not even having the strength to glare," I've gotten used to people leaving" those words had Isaac feeling his chest restrict in the worst pain possible.

"Quinn..." He whispered painfully as his throat hitched in suffocation.

"At first, I thought it just was the world playing games on me" She spoke up," But then after you left, it was like a never-ending cycle of people only coming into my life for a moment-and then" She closed her eyes," They're gone"

"Nothing I say can ever change the way I left," Isaac said genuinely," I broke our promises and left you"

"Maybe it was just that" Quinn lifted the cup to her lips taking a decent sip letting it burn her throat.

"What do you mean?" He furrowed his brows

"We relied on each other way too much-"

"But it's not a bad thing" He corrected her

"I never said it was" She responded instantly," It might have been good for the pair of us-" She closed her mouth," Even if it was painful"

"So, what are you trying to say?" Isaac walked a little closer to her

"That maybe it's better we leave it at that" Quinn stated halfheartedly

"You say like we can't fix it"

She held the strong urge of tears about to flow out of her eyes," What do you want me to say, Isaac?"

"That we can work it out" He retorted

"And what? Go back to normal?" She scoffed," It'll just lead back to getting hurt all over again-and maybe this time I'll be the one to break promises. Maybe it is a never-ending cycle." She hadn't realized how her voice raised high, enough to make Isaac wince at the volume, but he had no strength to cover his ears-letting her words replay in his head, like an echo in the mountains you tend to have the urge to scream.

"I need you Quinn" Isaac's voice cracked and she let out a hysterical laugh

"And I needed you months ago-" She stood up walking closer to him angrily, though she turned back not wanting to accidentally harm him. With her back turned to him, she could feel her nails grow and with the best bet of her eyes being the golden yellow hue.

" I think its best if you go...forgive me for earlier, I was weak and it was a mistake" She mumbled trying to hide her now changing voice.