CHAPTER TWENTY TWO

"I asked for one thing, Isaac-one thing, and you failed to do it!" Quinn sneered while folding her arms keeping her imitating stance

Usually, Isaac would find the gesture tense, but he ended up finding himself seeing it as something adorable.

The way she was pursing her lips along with her cheeks slightly puffed. Then it was her eyes that tried to be threatening but ended up appearing like a puppy who was trying to be angry but only heightened their adorableness-that was how Isaac found the exact moment.

When Quinn had approached the twins-with Isaac in her tail, everything seemed to be going well when he stayed quiet and tried not to start an argument.

Quinn gave a few credits to the Lahey for holding back-but quickly took it back after only 3 minutes.

Aiden had jokingly flirted with her knowing full well what reaction Isaac would have. It succeeded a little too much then he had expected and ended up on the ground trying his best evading punches to his face.

Ethan for once had not tried to step in knowing what Aiden was trying to do, so he just helped Quinn lift off the blonde werewolf and became a barricade as Quinn held him back.

Aiden didn't try and push the situation any longer, knowing if he did-they'd only have less the chance of being able to be in Scott's pack.

Also, he didn't feel like losing Quinn since she was considered family at this point.

"I don't even understand what Aiden did to deserve you beating him up" Quinn continued to lecture Isaac.

"I can't really explain it" He mumbled incoherently not wanting to accidentally blurt out the real reason he decided to connect his fist to the former alpha's face.

He was still not completely sure of his sudden actions in all honesty, except that when he saw Aiden flirting with Quinn-leading to something inside him to snap.

He did not want to picture even a moment of them being even the slightest idea of being romantically involved. Isaac was still bothered with the idea of Scott and her having sex-which still caused him to unknowingly glare at the Alpha.

Scott was well aware of the burning stares but knew not to say anything knowing that it'd just end up being an argument that was not necessary. Sure, he did date Quinn, but he felt it was unfair that Isaac felt like he had the right to judge him.

What happened between him and Quin is their business.

"I get it, Aiden can be an asshole-but please help me understand what he did" Quinn went on trying her best to salvage an answer, but to Isaac, he couldn't answer it-not because he didn't want to, but because he didn't know how to.

"I'm sorry Quinn, okay? I just-I really can't tell you" Isaac looked at her keeping his eyes locked on her own.

Quinn licked her lips hearing his heartbeat, and even to going as far to try and define his chemosignals, but all she was getting was that he was not lying. She would have expected to think it was possible he was good at acting, but even she knew he wouldn't go so far-At least she liked to hope that.

She ran a hand through her hair and let out a breath," I want you to apologize to him"

"But-"

"Isaac" She looked at him, her tone rising in warning," I understand how you've changed since becoming a werewolf, but deep down I know that you would never choose to raise your fist to anyone without reason. But still, even if that was the explanation, the fact that you let the anger overtake you when we both know personally what it's like being under the abuse, it does not make it okay"

"I can't apologize," Isaac said firmly," Because I don't regret it, and even if I did say sorry. I won't think for a minute about what I did as a mistake"

"Isaac-" Quinn started as she looked down to the floor," This is not you"

Isaac felt his chest hurt to her words," Maybe it is Quinn" He whispered leaving them both to fall in silence.