★★Chapter 23★★

The limo ride stopped and they all got off. Adrien told Gorilla to join them and have a little fun as well, but Gorilla shook his head, insisting to stay.

As soon as Marinette stepped out of the limo, she looked behind her, and saw the same red car parking behind them. Now she actually looked closer, the driver looked a lot like Alison.

"Come on Marinette, let's go!" Adrien called out. Marinette nodded, deciding to forget it and joined the others. She ran after them as they entered the amusement park.

"Whoa, it's so huge," Nino exclaimed, looking everywhere. "Where should we go first?"

"Buy tickets?" Alya laughed. "Come on guys." She reached for her pockets and pulled out her wallet from one of them. Walking to the front, she then slipped out some few euros from her wallet.

"Should I do the paying instead?" Adrien was also getting his wallet.

"Or maybe I should," Marinette fished out her wallet as well. "I never go anywhere without my wallet." Because if I do, my adoptive parents is bound to steal it from wherever I hide it at home.

"It's fine, you two. I'll pay," Alya chuckled.

"Let me at least pay for half of it," Adrien suggested, already handing the person behind the counter some money. The person handed him a bunch of tickets in return.

"Not sure if my eyes are deceiving me but it looks a lot to me like you paid for the whole thing, Adrien," Nino laughed, Adrien receiving a glare from Alya.

"Whatever, let's just go have fun." Marinette turned around and her eyes widened when she saw the same familiar 4 girls climbing out of the red car. She clenched her fists, understanding now that the girls had followed them for Nino.

"Why don't we go on the Ferris Wheel?" Adrien suggested. "I've always wanted to ride that one."

Marinette turned to Adrien in surprise. "You've never. . .ridden a Ferris Wheel before?"

A small sad smile appeared on his lips. "I've actually never ridden on any rides at all. Not that it bothered me as much, but it wouldn't hurt to try some rides, right?"

Marinette widened her eyes, then she smiled. "Oh don't worry Adrien. We'll make sure you have a ton of fun here!"

She was adopted when she was 3, was never loved by her adoptive parents. Marinette sometimes thought that maybe the only reason Andy and Hannah ever adopted her was to use her for money, but they could never had guessed that she would become popular, right? So maybe they adopted her for another reason.

Even though her adoptive parents were that bad, she still got to escape a few times and have fun, including going to amusement parks, and the best part was that Andy and Hannah wouldn't even care. They didn't care for a lot of things; the only thing that would always come to their minds no matter what, was money.

Alya and Nino turned to each other. They seemed to whisper something to each other, before they turned back to Adrien and Marinette with smirks.

"Yeah don't worry you two, you'll have a lot fun here," Alya grinned and Nino nodded along.

"Why do I feel like you two are planning something?" Marinette folded her arms. "And why do I feel like it's going to be bad."

Alya and Nino shook their heads without another word, before they started heading towards the ride Adrien had suggested. Marinette and Adrien followed close behind them.

Alya and Nino gave the man at the front their one tickets for the ride. Then they went to get a seat. Marinette and Adrien did the same thing as well, and soon enough all four of them with a bunch of other people were on, getting ready to move.