★★Chapter 57★★

Mom...!

She must have really been watching her daughter on TV, but couldn't stand all the lies she had heard, so she decided to come there herself.

Lila didn't look frightened whatsoever. She folded her arms with a smirk. "Why are you here? With all the news of you abusing your daughter, you still have the audacity to come by yourself!"

"Lila Rossi!" Her mother yelled out again, pointing a finger at her. "How dare you?! How dare you spread all these lies about your own mother?! I wasn't the one who told you to go for Adrien! Every single day, you would talk about him, talk about the ideas you had on how to win him over!...

"You were the one who came up with the idea to disguise yourself into another person just so you could have another chance of getting Adrien!

"When I said, keep trying harder to get Adrien to become rich, it was only because I would always listen to how you would fantasize your life together with Adrien; how you would be making so much money, how other girls would be so jealous of you, how you would get more popular than Marinette!"

"You came here..." Lila stood up, "to spread lies? I never did all that! You were always telling me how I had to do something to beat Marinette. You were always forcing me into something I didn't want to do. You shouldn't be wasting our time here with all your lies, mother!"

Her mother gritted her teeth again. She would have taken another step closer towards Lila, but security guards were all around, just making sure that a fight didn't happen, and no one got hurt.

Marinette stood up and started leaving without any of them noticing. Everyone just seemed to be interested in Lila and her mother, wondering who was speaking the truth and who was really wasting their time and spreading lies.

"Psst... Adrien?" Marinette walked inside the back room, opening the door and seeing Adrien sitting down on a chair. He seemed so busy, typing away on his phone. "What are you doing?"

Adrien didn't answer. He looked so busy, his focus only on the phone. Then a smile got on his face, and Marinette concluded that he had found what he was looking for.

Adrien looked up. "Using Lila's phone, I figured out her dad's phone number, and put it on my phone. Then I started texting him about Lila. Her father said that Lila fantasized about being with me most of the time. Everything was all Lila's doing, her mother had nothing to do with it.

"In fact, Lila's mother never sent a love letter to my father. I only said that my father received it to throw Lila off." Adrien stood up as he walked towards Marinette. "And to even prove it, Lila's father sent me a video.

"See, about 3 weeks ago, the family suddenly got something or someone stealing food from them. So they set cameras up to see who was doing it. One of the cameras showed Lila revealing her secrets and that's the video her father has sent me."

"Wow, that is amazing," Marinette smiled at how much hard work Adrien had done. He must have not trusted Lila at all. "Anyway, just to tell you, Lila's mother came over and now she's having an argument with her daughter."

"Well then we better hurry." Adrien took her hand and started running back. Once they got there, a security guard was holding Lila's mother back. Lila's mother was yelling out a bunch of curse words for her daughter, while Lila stood there, smiling.

Then Lila noticed them standing there, and suddenly her smile faded.

Adrien handed his phone to Marinette, and Marinette did her thing, connecting the video to the big flat screen that had been on the wall this whole time.