☆☆Chapter 44☆☆

< Thursday Night >

Gabriel picked up his ringing phone and pressed it against his ear. He had been getting ready for bed when his phone had rang, and it had sort of brought a smile on his face when he saw that it was Emilie. Usually he hated it when people called him while he was preparing to go to sleep, so he didn't know why he felt relieved to see that it was Emilie.

Climbing on his bed, he spoke, calling out for Emilie to see if she was there.

"Hello Gabriel, I hope I'm not disturbing you or anything."

"No," The lie rolled straight off of his tongue without him thinking of what to say. Why was it that he would make time for Emilie even though that time wasn't too perfect?

"Okay good. Um... I just wanted to ask if you've seen the news they're posting about your son and Marinette."

Gabriel froze at the words, his heart beating faster. Hopefully it wouldn't be something bad, or something he would hate, right? Finally he spoke up. "No, I haven't. What is it about?"

"Maybe you should check for yourself."

Gabriel climbed off the bed and turned on his laptop. Entering the password that he hadn't changed even though he said he would, he went on Lady-Blog. Yes, he also had an account there. I mean, who didn't?!

Lady-Blog was the most popular app in Paris. Everyone who had a device had an account. That's why Alya and Nadja were on top 10 on the Popularity Board, because they were the ones who created the app.

Getting on the app, Gabriel searched "Adrien Agreste and Marinette Dupain-Cheng." The results came up and his eyes went small and dark, once he saw that the very first thing in the results of his search was a picture of Adrien and Marinette kissing.

He folded his hands into balls as he scrolled down, wanting to see more. His jaw tightened with anger as he saw that people had even made some arts of their own of Adrien and Marinette kissing, on a bed. He got even more triggered once he saw fan-arts of three kids that looked exactly like Marinette and Adrien.

Emma, Hugo and Louis.

"Gabriel? You still there?"

He forgot that he hadn't even hanged up the phone yet. "Yup, I'm here."

"I know the news may be a bit shocking to you, but did you know about this? I mean, about Marinette and Adrien being a thing?"

"Marinette and Adrien are not a thing?!" Gabriel growled. After he did, he regretted how he had lost his temper at Emilie. "I'm sorry."

"Why are you so mad over it? Aren't you happy for your son that he finally got someone he liked? I mean, I sure would. Sure it might be too much for me to take in, but I sure would."

"Emilie, you're not helping! I'm hanging up now!"

"Wait, but Gabriel-"

Gabriel did as he said he would and tossed the phone aside, shutting his laptop. He stood up from his bed and walked outside of his room.