do what you gotta do

Hades removed his sunglasses and waved at Mal. A smirk appeared on him face. Etta covered her face moved farther and farther away. Mal was her sister, well half-sister, but still.

"Quite a show you put on the other day." Hades told Mal.

"Right back at you." Mal said bitterly with a glare.

"Hmm. I was just coming to see you." Hades told her as he stood from his chair. Mal stood up too and circled around the chair to add space between her and her father.

"Really? Wonder why. Is it because I'm gonna be Queen?" Mal mockingly asked.

"Ah! Now, Mal, don't be bitter." Hades laughed, walking over to his dirty mirror.

"You abandoned me when I was a baby." Mal reminded. Hades' playfulness turned sour. Celia looked into the curtains to find Etta with her hand covering her mouth in shock. Celia left her friend alone to compose herself and climbed up the steps.

"No. No, I left your mother." Hades corrected Mal, pointing his finger at her. "She's not the easiest person to get along with."

"You think?" Mal asked sarcastically.

"Huh. You see?" Hades said, whipping out a scarf and wrapping it around his neck as he waked over Mal. "We have something in common already. We both hate your mother."

"No." Mal stopped him, pointing her finger at him. "I don't hate my mother. She may be an evil lunatic, but at least she stuck around."

"Oh! Boo-hoo." Hades mocking Mal. "Wake up and smell the stink. You think you've had it rough? I used to be a god!" Mal jumped at Hades yelling. "I had an entire world which bore my name. And now I have nothing! And you have no idea what that feels like."

"Really? Because for 16 years, I had nothing." Mal yelled back angrily. "And now, I have a whole world. But unless I get that ember, it's game over."

Mal held out her hand for Hades to hand over the ember. Hades reached over and flicked away Mal's hand.

"Hold please." Hades said. Immediately after, blue lights flashed and music started playing. Mal rolled her eyes in annoyance.

Hades:
♫Listen, little girl♫
♫You're talking to a God♫
♫And I don't wanna hear the drama♫
♫Kindness ain't my brand♫

Mal:
♫Oh, I guess that's why you ran♫

Hades:
♫Try being married to your mama!♫

Mal:
♫You stink at being a dad♫

Hades:
♫Poor Mali, are you sad?♫

Mal:
♫Not as sad as you without your powers♫
♫I didn't come to fight♫
♫For once, do something right♫

Hades pulled his scarf off and wrapped it around Mal.