|9|TEN|9|

"How much money did you receive yesterday?" Tichina asked Nick as she stirred her coffee

"Almost two thousand dollars" Nick replied "Add $50 because dad gave me a PlayStation card" Nick continued

"Did you have fun?"

"Yeah, a lot. I'm glad that the party wasn't revolves around me because I'm going to take a year off and then go to college"

Tichina sighed and placed her mug on the table. "I mean- just promise me you'd actually go later on in life and that's good that you're waiting a year because I need you to watch over ur brothers and sisters and you have to get a job. HAVE TO!" Tichina said as she sat down at the dining room table.

"Okay okay, I got chu" Nick said before he walked out of the kitchen and up the steps.

Meanwhile, Tichina sat at the kitchen table thinking about how great all her kids are succeeding in life. She's grateful that all her girls besides Dani have found themselves a job.

An incoming call knocked her out of her deep thought. She rolled her eyes and sighed. "Hello?" She answered

"Hi may I speak to Ms. Arnold?"

"That's me"

"Good Morning Ms. Arnold. I am calling to give you the results of your blood work. Ma'am you have cancer. It's in its early stages but with treatment we might be able to keep it stable. Can you come in on Friday?" The doctor hesitated

"Yes but can you tell me when was the last time I came in?"

"Yes hold on."

As Tichina was on hold with the doctor she stopped anybody from coming down the stairs.

"If you can just go upstairs for a minute PLEASE! I'm on an important phone call." She whispered screamed as she heard the phone being picked up again

"Thank you for your patience. The last time you came was yesterday sometime in the morning. Is that all?"

"Yes. Thank you"

"See you Friday Ms.Arnold"

Tichina hung up and waved her hand up the stairs to let the kids come down. Grabbing her keys off the table she then walked outside, in her robe and bonnet, to take a seat in her car.

She unlocked the doors and climbed in. Tears upon tears poured out of her eyes as she tried to control the anger and all the sadness that came over her.

"Please lord not my momma. Not now please please please no oh god no" she cried out as she wiped her face on her robe.

As soon as she calmed herself down she thought about what she should do.

Should she confront her and let her know that she knows?

Should she wait for her to tell her?

Should she just forget about everything and take a breather?

She started the car and pulled off. All she did was drive around the neighborhood. Coming to a stop at the stop sign she noticed a familiar figure.

She watched as the figure had took his hand and slid it into another figures hand. Scrunching her eyes, she could see that it was a bag in between the swift daping.

She rolled the window down a little bit so she could get a clear view instead of an ashy grey tented one.

She then seen who the figure was and drove off, full of rage. She took a right and stayed at the red light.

Repeatedly hitting the steering wheel, she cursed herself as she drove back home.
_____________
"Ard but don't tell ma until you actually sure because she might put you out or something" Keisha explained to Jahseh as she poured milk into her bowl.

"Ard but I think I do wanna go live with Dad for a while just to experience it. You know he getting married too and he asked me to go to the wedding with him. Of course I said yeah"

"Who getting married?" Taylor cut in

"My dad" Jahseh said excitedly

"Did you meet his new wife yet?"

"No, but I will one day this week if I decide to go out to eat with them" Jahseh said as he ran upstairs

"He thought we was finish" Keisha said as she took a seat at the table.

"Where ma at?"

As soon as Taylor asked that question, Tichina burst through the door.

"Hey ma. What's wrong?" Taylor asked

"Nothing that I cant handle. Jahseh upstairs?"

"Yeah"

"Tell him come here real quick"

"JAHSEH! MA SAID COME HERE!" Taylor screamed up the steps

"I could've did that" Tichina laughed as she took a seat on the couch and changed the channel.

"Yes ma?"

"On my way back home your dad called and wants to know if you want to go to the store with him to go pick out a suit."

"Today?"

"Yes"

"Yeah"

"Okay go get dressed and I'll drive you. If Taymor come back in here tell him to not leave back out. Is Nick awake?"

"Yeah, he on the phone with his girlfriendddd" Keisha says as she came out of the kitchen from putting her dish in the sink.

"No I wasn't" Nick laughed as he came down the stairs

"Mmmhmmm whatever" Tichina said as she climbed the steps to go get ready to drop Jahseh off

"Kentrell said where you put his remote at?"

"Which one?"Taylor said as a look of confusion fell upon her face.

"I think the ps4 controller"

"Tell him look in the window in ma- ima go get it"

Nick laughed as he realized ma was getting dressed. "She acting like we ain't all see them titties before" Keisha said which made Nick laugh even harder.
________________
"U want a red suit? You sure son?" Tishawn asked Jahseh as he held the suit in his arms.

"Yessir" Jahseh laughed

"Ard lemme get the tailor"

"Alrighty lets get started. May I see the suit? Thank you" The tailor said as he inspected the suit "mmm good choice, nice color. Okay follow me to the dressing room"

"Finished?"

"Yes" Jahseh said as he came out of the dressing room.

"Damn son you looking good I might just get one in that color" Tishawn laughed as he held his already bought suit in his arms

"Ard lets go buy it so we can go meet my wife to be. Nervous?" Tishawn asked

"A little bit"

"Don't worry, she's nice"