- Commenting

We know that when you first join Wattpad and start reading, you may not want to voice your opinion. "Silent reading" is a big thing on Wattpad and there's nothing wrong with that. You might be afraid to say an unpopular opinion, but remember, Wattpad is a large platform and someone will agree with you. Inline comments are a favorite of ours because it helps the author connect with their readers. An inline comment is a comment that is placed on a direct paragraph, sometimes on specific sentences of the paragraph. There are typically two types of comments: comments for enjoyment and comments that are constructive. Enjoyment comments are typically the comments that are relatable, funny, or reactionary. Constructive comments are the comments that correct an author's writing and provide suggestions to help make the writing better.

Constructive inline comment: Hi, I noticed you forgot a word in this sentence. It makes it a little confusing to read. I hope I don't seem rude!

Rude and unnecessary inline comment: I hate this story so much. I lost so many brain cells because the grammar is so bad. Just stop writing, please.

Enjoyment inline comment: GAHHHHH, Damien! I cannot believe himmmmm. Noooooo.