- Author's Notes

Writers often write author's notes before or after a chapter starts or ends. They're used as a way for writers to connect with readers or to get information out. To connect with the readers, authors will ask questions about how they liked the chapter or if they expected what happened. Many also ask for comments, votes, or follows.

Getting information out is basically just letting readers know what's happening. Maybe the author is taking a month-long break or maybe they've started a new story that they'd like people to read. It's an easy way to get a good thing going with readers.

Now, as a reader, one might hate when writers update their story only for it to be an author's note. To me, and many other people, it's deceiving and just plain annoying. Some advice to you is to not make a chapter as an author's note. Many have read stories where half of the chapters are author's notes. It's frustrating! Check out some of the examples we have on author's notes, then let us know how you guys feel about them with a comment!

Common Author's Note: Well, there's chapter 369. How did you guys like this chapter? I wanted to really, finally show Damien's character without being so direct. I hope he came off like...actually, let me know with a comment on how he seemed to you all! I love hearing from you. Please don't forget to vote and thanks so much for reading!

Extremely Short Note: Thanks for reading, I hope you enjoyed this chapter. XOXO Author.

Overly Sharing Note: Hey guys, hope you liked the chapter. You'll never believe what happened last week! Okay, so I was just riding my bike and minding my own business when an ice cream truck came! See here's the thing, it didn't stop. So me, and a bunch of little kids start running after it. Or riding after on bikes, whatever. Lol. Anyways, we're running and blah, blah, blah.

What's the most annoying author's notes you guys have ever seen?