- Covers

This is one of many people's favorite parts of having a story. Graphics are fun to make and request for. People do judge books by their covers, no matter how many times people say you shouldn't. If you look at the cover and it's not the best, are you more likely to pass it up or click on it? Be honest (comment and let us know).

Okay, picking a cover isn't as easy as everyone thinks. You want to pick something that relates to your story, definitely. You don't want to choose a random photo and slap it on there because it'll show that you didn't put any effort into choosing the proper cover.

The forums are a great place to go to request a cover. There's a forum called the Multimedia Design Club where designers are their to offer their services. Many of them are seasoned in photoshop so you can find people great photos. You can even make your own if you want to. If you aren't familiar with graphic making sites, Wattpad does have a create your own cover option. You'll make it in Desyner.

Now let's talk about "royalty free" and "free for personal use". Royalty free photos are photos that people are able to use for commercial purposes. That means they aren't copyrighted, so if you make money with your book using a royalty free cover, you won't get into any legal issues.

Free for personal use means that as long as it's for personal use, you can use it. That means you aren't able to make money off of the product because you can get into a lot of legal trouble if you do.

Writing on Wattpad, well, your work is free unless you go through Paid Stories which will be mentioned at a later time. Writing on Wattpad makes your writing personal use since it's free. You're able to use this kind of photo you find on the internet without worrying about getting in trouble. If you want to apply for Paid Stories, you have to use free images or pay for a cover monetarily.

If you make your own, there are plenty of websites. Photoshop, Pixlr, Photopea, Gimp, Picmonkey, Canva. Those are all some good places to make your graphics or just add finishing touches.