- Beta Reading

Beta readers are some of the most important people in the world of literature. According to https://publishdrive.com/what-is-a-beta-reader/, betas or beta readers can also be writers themselves, but as the name suggests the focus is more on the reading aspect. They can tell you how they found the story on the global level, if they liked the characters, figured out the mystery, etc. You can ask friends or even family members to read your story, but it is best to find someone who can give an objective and unbiased opinion. It is also advisable to try to find readers with diverse backgrounds, different age groups, genders, occupations to be able to have a varied input on your work.

Beta readers are not editors. They will not look at your work and tell you what's misspelled or how your grammar is meant to look. They are there to tell you, from a reader's standpoint, how much they did or didn't enjoy your work. They provide another set of eyeballs to tell you if your work is compelling or not. They'll provide suggestions that you either accept or not.

You'll find beta readers in the forums where many people offer their services.

*Note: Finding a beta reader through the forums means your story has to be completed

*Note: Finding a beta reader through the forums means your story has to be completed.*