Wanna Donut?

"You did a tremendous job, Lucy. I really should have thought through it, before doubting you." he smiled. Lucy frowned slightly at this. She looked out at the couples getting ready to dance; seeing Lorelai and Rory trying hard to beat Kirk. Lucy debated on asking him a follow up question before deciding she should.

"Taylor?" she asked.

"Hm?"

"What do you mean you should have thought about it before doubting me?" she asked. Taylor shrugged, "Well, you know, it was a big task handing you this job to do all on your own." he informed. "Yeah, Taylor, a job you gave me." she said getting a little upset.

"Don't look at me, it was the town's decision." he said innocently.

"What..?"

Taylor looked at her before breaking, "Okay, we might have discussed your whereabouts during the town meeting this week." he confessed. "What?" Lucy said getting more upset. He continued, "--Nobody knew much about you, you can imagine that's a little off-putting to a humble little town like this. We were trying to get you to be more involved in the town. So. I decided we should appoint you a job for our special event. Although, I guess it didn't work too much, seeing as you didn't have a lot of people volunteering." he said the last part more as a sudden realization. Taylor looked back at Lucy, "But don't worry! You did great with the decoration, so consider yourself a part of the town!" he said enthusiastically.

Lucy looked at him flabbergasted. The town had a meeting about her? She could only think of what it was they talked about. Was Luke there? Was this his idea? She rubbed her head. She hurried out of the gym and the festivities as the dance marathon was just starting up. She needed to breathe.

That was when she met Jess coupled with some girl at the door, and from then her breath stayed in her throat. Both Jess and Lucy made direct eye contact.

Jess, with a blonde looking bimbo. Even after what happened yesterday, this was right in front of her. "Lucy.." He spoke up, "This is Shane."

Lucy avoided looking at her to avoid any awkward confrontation with this girl. Lucy felt that if she looked at Shane then she would subconsciously give her a displeased look, and from then on make a new enemy. Lucy looked at Jess ashamed and embarrassed. "Typical." She let slip from her lips before she left the scene as fast as possible. This couldn't be happening. First the town didn't like her. Then Jess is with Ms. November.

Where did that leave Lucy? Alone and embarrassed?

Lucy had been walking the streets of Stars Hollow, going on her 12th lap so far. All the while thinking of how much this place had automatically labeled her as the stranger of the town. Grant it, she hadn't been too active in town activities but that shouldn't keep her from being noticed. She hung around Luke's every morning, she was in the Stars Hollow Art Program, she even applied to work at Doose's with Dean. She looked down. That probably explains why I didn't hear back from Taylor about that, she thought.

Lucy stopped her laps in front of the diner. She went up the steps; hoping Luke was there so she could avoid being alone tonight. She looked inside the window and saw he was packing up the coffee makers from the dance.

Lucy was about to knock when she stopped. Luke had probably been at town meeting when Taylor talked about her. Luke wasn't one to enjoy them though, so perhaps he never went this week. She couldn't be sure about that, though.

Luke saw Lucy at the door. She looked disturbed and hesitant about something. He watched as she debated knocking; consistently stepping back from the door and stepping back up in a paced motion. In the end of this, she finally walked away. Luke and his curiosity quickly dodged out from behind the counter and went out the door. He jogged a bit before calling her "Lucy!"