Winnie The Pooh

It had been a week since the incident, and Lucy was still not at school. Jess, curious as ever to know why that was, went over to Luke's Diner before school. He went up to his room in the apartment and tossed his stuff on the floor quickly before shuffling back downstairs.

In all this, Luke watched as the blur of his nephew was present only a few seconds, back and forth. "There something wrong?" Luke spoke up; catching him before Jess went out the door. "No.." he said. Luke looked at him, "Where are you off to?"

"Lucy's."

"Why?"

He turned around a shrugged, "Just wanted to see if she was okay. She hasn't been in school today." he said.

"Why rush?" Luke asked. "What?" Jess replied. "Why, rush?" Luke asked again. Jess paused, "I have, things to do."

"Like?"

"Like studying." he lied.

"Really? And where exactly do you drive off to study?" Luke interrogated. Jess sighed, "Is this gonna be a regular thing with you?" Jess evaded, "First taking my tips, then questioning my whereabouts?"

Luke shrugged, "Just wanna see what you're up to. Make sure you're focusing on school." he said. "Whatever." Jess walked out before Luke could say anything more. He hurried to his car to drive over to Lucy's before seeing an empty lot. Where his car should be. 

Luke smirked to himself knowingly as he went back to work. 

________

Lucy heard a knock at the door. She got up from her bed and walked up to the peep hole. She then opened the door. "Jess." she said almost surprised to see him at the other side of the door when she opened it. "What are you doing here." she asked.

He lifted some papers and notebooks from behind his back, "Notes from this week's classes." he said. Lucy felt a pang in her chest. She looked down holding onto the door, "Jess..I don't need those..thanks though." she said.

He took them back suspiciously. He shook off the feeling before looking at her, "So when are you clear to come back to school. I know caffeine pills pack a punch, but--"

"I'm not going back to school." she stopped him; quickly stepping outside with him on the porch, and pulling the door closed behind her. Lucy pulled her arms close around her and sighed, "I made a deal with my grandpa. I could go to school as long as I keep out of trouble, and I don't freak out." she kept her eyes on the ground. "So...?" Jess waited for her to continue. "So I did both." she sighed, "It hasn't even been a whole semester and I blew it." she said.

"So what happens now?" Jess asked.

"My grandpa signs me up for therapy sessions, and I don't go to school until I'm 'ready,'" she used air quotations, "Whenever that is." Jess looked down briefly. He saw how bummed out she was about missing out on school. He tried to keep positive; pulling a smirk, "Lucky duck." he said.

"What?" she looked at him.

He went and walked around on her porch casually, "Are you kidding? You're the one kid not allowed to be in school? Jeez, if our roles were reversed.." he said as if imagining. She looked at him confused, "Alright, James Dean, what would you do with that time?"

Jess scoffed at the thought; sitting on the rails of her porch, "I could read as much as I want, as long as I want. I could got to work full time.." he nodded in thought, "Worry more about doing what I want to do, rather than what people want me to do."

Lucy looked at him. She sat down on her porch swing and bit her lip, as Jess unzipped his jacket to cool off. "You have somewhere to be?" she commented. Jess looked at her, "What makes you say that?"