Spiraling

Lucy sighed deeply as she looked in the mirror. She looked over her tired face and rubbed her eyes to fix it. To no avail.

She looked down briefly before she opened the mirror up to her medicine cabinet. She took out the five pill bottles and like second nature, took the amount needed for each medication into her palm. She jumbled them around lazily in her palm before swallowing them. She breathed uneasily and sighed before she washed it down with some of the water from the sink.

Lucy spent her morning running errands before her quick shift. Today was Saturday, so there wasn't much to do in the music shop. You would think Saturdays were busy but in Stars Hollow it was backwards. Sunday was the busiest day of the weekend. Where all the food is discounted and the church goers are out and about.

She caught a glimpse of nostalgia pass her as she watched a burly man walk down the sidewalk across from hers. She furrowed her eyebrows. Who was he...

She blinked a couple times and the man was out of her peripheral vision. She frowned slightly before shaking it off and going along her way.

"Lucy!" she heard a familiar voice call her. She turned around to see that Lane was hurrying over to her. She frowned slightly, "Lane?" she spoke in disbelief. She smiled, "Hi!" Lane replied.

"What's up?" Lucy spoke not sure what else to say. She hadn't seen Lane since her last day of school.

"Oh nothing much. On the ups and downs again. Actually, I'm getting married!"

"Married??"

"Yeah! Next weekend, and with things being planned ontop of each other last minute I wanted to see if there was a spot for you to attend!" she smiled excitedly. Lucy felt her heart stammering, "I uh, well-"

"Don't think-please!" Lane begged, "I want all my friends to be there, and well, we haven't talked in a while, but I would like for us to catch up. A weddings as good a time as any." she chuckled. Lucy furrowed her eyebrows.

"Lane, we're not really friends.."

The words slipped off her lips like slugs.

"It's just that.. we haven't talk at all. Since I was pulled out of school.."

Vomiting. Vomiting slugs.

"Friends shouldn't have to wait for a wedding as an excuse to talk to each other. I mean I left school for crying out loud I didn't move to a new country. In fact the only one who really keeps in contact with me is Dean, and that's only because he feels guilty for sleeping with me."

Endless, slug, vomit.

Lane's face paled in comparison to how cheeky she was a few seconds ago. "S-so-"

"It's a no, Lane. I'm not going." Lucy said before turning around and walking into the music shop. She got behind the counter; tied her apron around herself, and exhaled. She felt her heart stammering. How could she have done that? Why didn't she stop talking. It was as if a wave of truth serum just bound around her like a noose. And the only way to keep it from tightening around her neck was to talk.

An evil Wonder Woman whip.

She breathed out uneasily. She backtalked Lane. Probably one of the only members of Stars Hollow that still gave a damn about her. She breathed out. She could apologize right?

DING!

The bell of the store door rang as a customer walked through. Two actually. Stout and both a little thick. One blonde old lady and one red haired. Definitely not natural.

"Lucy darling! So wonderful to see you!" the red haired mused, "I didn't know you worked here!"

"D-do I know you?" Lucy said unsurely; as she awkwardly smiled. She was still trying to steady her heartrate and push what just happened to the back of her mind.