Love...?

Just as Jess was getting off of work he managed to spot Lucy walking around. She looked nervous as she was pacing back and forth in front of a building. She seemed to be peering in the window before he finally looked at the logo of said store.

Stars Hollow Apartments.

A new experiment Taylor was trying to get tourists to stay, make Stars Hollow the new Big Apple. It wasn't going to happen and that small sad apartment complex would be turned into another antique store or book shop like all the other expired experiments he had tried cooking up years prior. Nonetheless it would trickle some business while it was heaving breaths.

He looked as she finally walked in the door. He nodded getting his apron off and setting it underneath the counter on a shelf before coming back up. His eyes happened back on that spot she once was just in time for him to see her rush out of the building.

A mere two seconds. Astonishingly quick visit.

He hurried outside before crossing the street and walking up to her as casually as he could make it seem. "What are you doing?" He asked curiously.

She was only momentarily shocked to see him there before replying, "Trying new things I guess." She breathed out like she was getting ready to jump off a cliff with no parachute.

"Like if the doors work?" He asked foreboding to having seen her walk in and out at least once. No doubt she had been doing this for a bit longer than he had seen.

She looked at him and shrugged. "My therapist says it's good for me." She shrugged. "Testing doors." He clarified his eyebrows raised. She punched his shoulder lightly. He chuckled and mocked some brief hurt before looking down at her. "How is it that every-time I run into you  you're doing something ridiculous." He asked.

"How do you know it's ridiculous?"

"Your face tells me." He looked her in the eyes.

"Every-time?" She asked her head cocked to the side. He nodded gently "every-time." He repeated.

"Maybe that's your curse. You can never catch me on a good day can you?" She tested. He smiled, "I did yesterday." He commented. She purses her lips briefly before looking back at him. "Looking to buy?" He gestured his eyes to the apartment building.

"Yeah, for you." She replies nonchalantly, "So you can stop living with your uncle in a two bedroom closet of an apartment."

"Worked well for the Ingalls." He retorted sarcastically.

"Why aren't you moving up in your life?" She asked him.

"Why are you changing the subject?" He asked their faces closer.

"I didn't change the subject." She frowned. "You definitely did." He nodded. "No," she said, "I ignored a stupid question."

"Allow me to do the same." He said quickly before gently taking her shoulder and ushering her away from the building. "What are you doing Jess." She groaned.

"Running into you on a good day." He smiled. "How so?" She asked.

"You're gonna go home and tonight we're going to run into each other. And I expect within those six hours you have something exciting to say." He said letting go of her to move on her way.

"But-"

"Go on." He shoved her playfully. She continued to move on not realizing that she was just given some relief from patrolling the apartment her dad was in.

That just postponed the inevitable though, she knew some day she would have to face him, and get through this "irrational fear." And in some irony she found a growth of a new fear in that as well.
____________

Jess's GirlOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara