Want Coffee?

Dean bumped into somebody on the way out of the record shop. He looked down at Lucy, to which they both froze. 

Lucy took a step to run.

"-no wait-" he grabbed her arm. She seized and looked at him warning. Dean figured out what his grip implied and quickly let go; holding his hands up in surrender. "I just want to talk." he said. He sighed before fixing his words, "To apologize.."

Lucy shook her head slowly, "I can't talk to you. No." she continued shaking her head, "No it's too much." she said before hurrying out of the record store. 

Dean sighed standing there in defeat. 

________

"Sister Christian oh the time has come.. and you know that you're the only one, to say.... okay," Lucy hummed along to her music. 

"-Motorin'!" 

She jumped slightly; startled by Jess' surprised solo. He chuckled and sat down on the grass in-front of her. "You're listening to my playlist aren't you?" he smiled. Lucy looked up at him unamused. 

Jess sucked in an awkward breathe before patting his knees and looking around. "So..." he breathed out. "Didn't think that you'd be hanging at the gazebo."

"And why is that?" she sighed continuing to pick at the grass as she had started doing when he first arrived. 

"You're smack-dab in the middle of town." he chuckled, "You're out in the open for everyone to see." 

Lucy looked up at him, "What are you implying."

"Just that it doesn't seem like you." he shrugged casually. 

"How do you know what I'm like." she looked at him. Jess looked at her; staring for a moment. It was like he was handed a puzzle and he was trying to put her together. Back to the way she was. "Because you're obvious Lucy. Painfully obvious. But you're in such a small town with problems of their own. They don't care to find out what's your issue," he told her, "None of them do. When it comes down to it, neither does Luke." 

Lucy looked up and frowned at him at that. 

"But I'm figuring it out." he told her looking her directly into her blue eyes. "That's how I know Lucy." he said firmly, "That's how I know what you're like."

She looked at him for a moment before looking back down at the grass, "Well that was a thrilling Days of Our Lives, now can you please go." she said sarcastically. 

Jess sighed and only relaxed into sitting on the grass with her, "Ran into Dean today," he spoke as she froze, "He's looking for you." He saw her composure. "...What did he say?"

Another piece of the puzzle fit. 

"That he needed to talk.." he shrugged casually, "That it was important."

Lucy looked down and tried acting it off, "Did..you tell him I'm not interested..?" Jess raised his brows and pursed his lips slightly as if thinking about it, "Something along those lines, I think." he nodded. 

"And..what did he say?" She asked. She heard nothing but silence. She frowned and looked up at to see if he was even still there. He was. And looking at her.

Analyzing her more like. 

"...You didn't talk to Dean, did you?" she looked at him. 

Jess stood up knowingly; a prideful smirk on his face, "Like sands through the hourglass..." he chuckled before walking away.