Chapter 4

I walk back to my bedroom, caught up in a sleep-deprived, wine-induced, lust-filled haze. That wasn't quite how I imagined the night ending, but the truth was, I didn't imagine it ending with us naked, either. I'm not sure how I imagined it ending, I realize, trying hard not to put too many expectations on things given it's only been two dates. For all I know, she could still turn out to be a serial killer.

Instead of dwelling on that thought, I change into my softest pajamas and prop every pillow I have on my bed. I snuggle in, careful to avoid the scratches still stinging my back. I grab the remote and try to find something to distract myself from the pain -- the pain in my back and the ache between my legs.

My eyes close and one hand drifts to my thigh, the other to my bedside table. I know exactly what I'm searching for without looking. A moment later, I have my favorite battery operated friend in my hand, and am scooted down onto the bed; back be damned.

I thought about her hands where mine were, and cursed the way my fingertips read my body in a way differently than my closed eyes perceived it. The bumps and lumps didn't exist in my head, only soft, smooth, supple skin that Ava's hands were tracing over. It wasn't my hand teasing and pulling at my nipple, it was her gentle fingertips. Her lips kissed a path down my body until they reached the soft skin of my thigh, and then they lingered, teasing.

A soft "Oooooh," escaped when I thought about her fingers pushing into me, angling themselves, hitting me in places I could never reach.

Ava's hands worked me to the edge of an orgasm, whispering to me about all the things she couldn't wait to try. I came so hard I got a little dizzy, definitely made loud enough noises to startle Cat again, but slept better than I had in weeks.

Monday morning smacks me in the face, and I'm just not ready to leave this bubble. Unfortunately, I don't have many choices.

Ivy has a coffee in hand for me when we both arrive in the parking garage - like usual.

"Hey sunshine," she says, a teasing lilt to her voice.

I can't help it, my smile is a mile fucking wide.

I try to play it cool. "Sup?"

Ivy practically falls over. "You've never in your life said that word before, have you?"

"What? Did I say it wrong?"

We giggle on the way inside the building, and I pray that, by some miracle, the workload isn't a typical Monday.

When my phone chirps, Ivy pops up and looks over the cube wall at me, one eyebrow lifted.

"When are you going to tell me everything?"

"Well, I can't exactly go to the bakery and spill, now can I? We can break in 10 and use the actual breakroom?"

She nods, sitting back down, presumably to focus on a very important Facebook or Instagram post. That's one of the great benefits of our jobs, even when it's busy, no one really hassles us for messing around on social media, as long as we continue to get our jobs done.

I wrap up the spreadsheet I'm working on and tap out a quick reply to Ava. We've spent the morning texting about life and getting to know each other better. It's been nice to spend that time chatting without the distractions of each other naked. Of course, I was very much looking forward to getting distracted with her again. Soon.

"Hello?" Ivy says, snapping her fingers at me.

I smile. "Sorry, got lost in a thought there."

"So, come on." Ivy practically drags me into the breakroom, pouring two shitty cups of coffee and grabbing some leftover coffee cake from a meeting the bigwigs had earlier. "You know, if this all goes south, you owe me a new bakery find. I'll be devastated."