Ch. 4

Gabriel gritted his teeth but lead them to Adriens room. Adrien looked up not even surprised.

"About time, I wanna say you are seven years late but understandable. My father is a man of wealth."

Gabriel watched, eyes wide as his son threw shade at him over his parenting.

"We will discuss more, now close the door, after all, we can't have you possibly sway what he says to us."

The door closed in Gabriel's face and he turned to Natalie.

"How could this happen."

Natalie stared at him coldly.

"The question isn't how it could sir, it's why it took so long."

She left him going to her desk. Perhaps she will lose her job over that statement, but it needed to be said. Inside the room Selina went over all the evidence given to them. The social worker asked Adrien questions and each answer even had Selina feeling sympathetic to Adrien. The boy has been abused in ways he doesn't realize.

"Now one last question. Do you honestly feel as if you can call this home?"

Adrien paused before looking into his hands.

"I don't believe any other should have to go through this, so no. Even I know that this hasn't been a home ever since my mother has gone."

The social worker nodded and got up.

"That was enough, I need you to pack some things. You will be leaving this home temporarily until everything settles."

Adrien widened his eyes hit quickly got to work. He already had a pack ready, but he still wanted to grab a few more things. His laptop, photo of his mother, and lastly, a small toy he had hidden between books.

"It was the last thing I have of my mother."

Was all he said and they headed out. Gabriel began protesting but Natalie held him back.

"Sir, try anything and you will surely lose."

Not that he hadn't already lost. Selina looked at the woman up and down.

"I think you an do better, call me once you leave this Buffoon."

Selina handed Natalie her card and they left. Quickly and silently.

"I know you don't want the press all over this. Maybe a bit of publicity will be made, but in the meantime let's enjoy this silence of the press."

Adrien smiled for the first time in weeks that wasn't faked.

"I'm glad, thank you Mrs. Kingsley. You've done more than enough."

The social worker smiled at Adrien.

"No need, you really need to thank your friend chat noir for coming to help. He had the whole idea on how to expose your father."

Adrien smiled a little knowingly.

"I already thanked him enough. I'm sure when I see him next time he'd beg me to stop thanking him."

The three laughed but two of them new better on why. Once they got to Selina's condo Adrien was in awe. It was cozy yet, very elegant in its own way.

"Welcome to your new home kitten."

Plagg flew out of adrien's pocket and looked around.

"This is great! A tomcat like me can get way more use to this. And is that aged cheese I smell!"

Adrien laughed at plagg's antics. It was nice to have him here.Adrien felt a hand on his shoulder.

"I know this might be a bit overwhelming, but it's ok to take this slow."

Adrien smiled at Selina.

"I'm not even sure if this is real, but thank you Selina, thank you for everything."

Selina slowly smiled down at him and ruffled his hair.

"Oh come on, I haven't even taught you anything yet."

They spent the whole day moving Adrien's items in. When they ate dinner Adrien was surprised to not only have Selina dine with him, but sit next to him as well.

"Adrien, life in that house should have never been like that. A real parent should never let their child be neglected or ignored."

That was her explanation and it helped, with something he knew deep down while living with Gabriel. It was nice to hear it and be accepted