Ch.17

Selina and Nathalie found the two like that and took a photo. The older assistant laid a blanket on them and kept the lights low just in case. Selina watched this all with a smile.

"You know, for such a impressive woman this soft side to you still catches me off guard a little."
"Well working for 16 years with his family, his presence in that time has admitably made me fond of him."
"Oh it's much more then fondness dear Nathalie, you're as much of his mother as I am. I've been lucky to come to have him be my son and more. In a span of a year, and you've had him for years. Don't sell yourself short."

Nathalie was a little embarrassed turning around so selina wouldn't notice her slight blush. She's not really used to kind praise, especially from beautiful ladies like selina. Selina smirked a little at how cute the other woman is. She decided it was enough teasing, for now. The two went over business and plans in the mean time while the boys rested.

"The league of shadows coming here to Paris is concerning. Not a trace of them left when me and Bruce checked it over later. I don't want Adrien to get involved, it's dangerous."
"I agree, but it's not a good idea to stay here is it?"
"...for me to stay here..but for adrien's safety and co, it's better off I do so. The quicker I deal with the league the quicker I can return.."
"I know, I agree with you it's just...Adrien finally has some sort of home and stability with you. I don't want him joining you on this mission either."
"Good thing we both agree to that. I just, I want to do what's best for him. Things being quiet in gotham aren't good. I didn't get too much information from Bruce, the bat likes to only give you so much. Holds his cards to his chest and waits for the rest of us to swiped for it like bait."
"Kind of a Dick move. And I would know, I worked for one."
"Pffft!! Nathalie! The children!"
"Are sleeping so lower your voice. Look I finally feel able to speak freely so..I'm going to keep doing so if that's alright with you boss."
"Hey, it's miss selina to you."
"Of course miss boss lady."
"God why didn't we meet before."

It was another two hours before they woke up. Luka looked around for the time probably worried he overstayed.

"Luka, I called your sister to notify her about where you are. We have a guest room so no worries about getting home on time."

Selina called to them leaning on the wall. She smiled warmly watching Adrien sleepily try to stay on Luka like a cat. Luka couldn't decide if he wanted to stay like that or wake him up but soon he had to pee. He started nudging Adrien's who slept like the literal dead.

"I did order takeout so hope you like Indian."

Luka nodded in thanks and spent his efforts on waking adrien up. It took a while but eventually he was awake enough to detach from Luka's side.

"Finally, I thought maybe you had some glue on you with how well you stuck on."

Adrien stuck his tongue out and got up slowly. He stretched like a cat which had Luka in awe with how adorable it looked. Luka looked away as his boyfriend gave him a raised brow for his staring.

"Right, so I don't know how to proceed from now? I want to keep on working with you babe, but LB knows who I am outside of the mask. I'm worried she's gonna use it against me or us."

Adrien paused frowning as he took in Luka's words. It would be troublesome if Luka joined chat noir with ladybug knowing his identity. It would be complicated, She could out him and people will link him together for dating Adrien and then Adrien to chat noir. Which is gonna be much more harder to come back from as he was a thieving vigilante. Selina walked over to the two setting down cups of water.

"Well, as much as I would love for you to to work together, it's much better if we have Luka return to ladybug's side."
"What! Why?! She's lied to me, used me, I'm not even sure if I'm a proper hero. What with her risking people's lives just so she can play hero with a unrequited crush."

Luka paused before gaping at selina because he knows Adrien had no way of telling her within their very warm and happy nap. Selina gave him a knowing smirk.

"What kind of mom would I be if I didn't background check his boyfriend. And what better for him then a superhero~"

That left luka spiraling for a moment before choosing to focus back on the previous topic bc that's much better then thinking on how this woman found out. And how easy it is for anyone else to do so as well.

"Okay, overlooking this for now, why the hell would I do that?"
"Luka, please, I'm sure she has a reason."

Selina regraded Luka calmly, she knew he was pretty fumed about ladybug as of now.

"I understand that, but unless we want to risk both yours and Adrien's identities, I think it's better if you get back to her side as a friend. We could use a spy, and Paris really does need its heroes. Ladybug at least does her job somewhat of keeping France safe with her miraculous cure. Property damage to zero. Can't say the same for us, Especially with where we're going soon."

That had both boys attention. Adrien was curious because this was the first mention of any trip.

"Going, where?"

Selina sighed and placed a hand on Adrien's knee.

"There's something going on in gotham, I have to go back. But I'm not sure if you can stay here. I don't want you to go through the dangers of gotham, but I can't just, go and leave you here."

Adrien pursed his lips, Selina really did have to go deal with all the stuff in Gotham. But is he ready to handle that with her? Gotham is danger central from the civilians to their villains. It's also not just a easy fix with the miraculous cure, it's deadly and something that Adrien doubts he'll be able to handle. Plus, that would mean leaving Luka and his friends. Adrien felt Luka grab his hand lightly giving a soft squeeze.

"It's going to be alright Adrien. But I don't, I don't think you should go to gotham. Call me selfish but at least here I can swiftly get to you to help out whenever."

Selina held a hand over her heart as the two stared at each other. The romance of it all had her moved. She wonders if she could find that for herself one day giving a glance towards Nathalie. Who was among the same though, although realistically she knew she wouldn't do something like this. Focusing back on Adrien who contemplated on this.

"I..I'm not sure, I want to go with you. See your home city, experience it. But like this? I, I don't think I'm ready for Gotham. Not yet at least."

Selina sighed but nealt down to Adrien caressing his cheek.

"That's perfectly fine kitten, plus, I had a feeling. I don't leave until Thursday, so we have 3 days left together. Nathalie will watch over you until the mean time. I wouldn't trust any other woman to take care of my kitten."
"I promise to do my best Adrien, and..things are much different now as well."
"It's okay Nathalie, I know, I've come to see you as a mother figure growing up, so there's no need."

Natalie sniffled a little and Adrien was panicked unsure if he made her upset. The woman cried a little of happiness and expressed she views Adrien as her child as well. The two were bit of a weepy mess hugging each other. Selina was warmed by the sight as was Luka.