Ch. 9

Adrien didn't want to feel like this again. After all, he was pretty sure he shouldn't be so quick to like someone again. Yet, the thought of viperion's words or even Lukas made him all warm. Adrien sighed and headed inside, Selina was on the phone again pausing only to speak hushed English. She groaned and hung up the phone.

"I wish I could block his stupid number already. But apparently there's nothing the damn bat won't try."

Selina saw him and smiled.

"Sorry, just dealing with an annoying man who won't know his place."

Adrien nodded to that. They decided to head for bed tonight. Selina promised him a nice breakfast tomorrow and they can start more training. It was a slow progress but after a few weeks they finally got custody over Adrien. Selina grinned at him showing the papers one morning.

"Really?"

He asked in awe reaching to touch the papers.

"Yep! I got the call this morning and they sent these papers last night. I'm officially your mom kitten. If, that's alright-"

Adrien had her in a hug and nodded his head.

"Thanks, mom."

Selina felt tears well up in her eyes. She sniffed as she looked up.

"Damn, I have a meeting in a hour don't make me cry."

Adrien laughed and luckily she didn't mess her makeup. It's been a few weeks at his new school and Adrien got really close with Luka and their friends. Lana made him feel really welcome and Derek made sure to keep the mood light if it ever got down.

"So, when are you and mr rockstar gonna get together?"

Francis asked since they were assigned as partners. Adrien almost dropped his vile as he got embarrassed.

"What?! He and I, we're, we're just friends, and I don't think I could even be with him. He seems to really like our friend Marinette."

Adrien said as he completed the lab work. Francis hummed and raised an eyebrow.

"I would say you were right, but he hasn't stopped looking at you since the day you came to class."

Adrien caught Luka staring at him and waved shyly and he could've sworn the older boy had a blush. It was just the lighting, right. Adrien sighed and spent his free time on his phone. He got it after a week of staying with his now new mom. Texting his old friends at DuPont was nice. Nino and him met up a lot more and he saw Marinette with Alya a lot more now. Marinette seemed to be more relaxed around him. Actually joking and less stuttering as well. He was actually thinking of asking them to hang out this weekend when a explosion bursted out of no where. Adrien pulled Francis down as he felt the whole school shake.

"WHERE IS ADRIEN AGRESTE! HE IS MINE!"

It was a large beast and they had familiar figure.

"Lila?"

He had to ask because the hair and eyes were the same. A hand on Adrien's arm pulled him out of his thoughts. Luka pulled him away and they went to hide in the locker room.

"I want you to stay here ok? It could be dangerous."

Adrien smiled at him.

"I don't want to hide, but against that I might be willing, where will you hide?"

Luka paused looking around.

"I'll hide across form you! See you until ladybug fixes this mess."