Ch.7

After talking, Adrien was able to see that his talk with the social work was a test on his mentality. Apparently that was good enough for them to take him away permanently from his father.

"Your father may want to go to court for this. Although, if he does, he will have to make this public. And neither of us want that."

Adrien felt assured by that and ended up spending his lunch comfortably with his new guardians. Natalie was the closest thing he had to a mother and Selina was good at being motherly towards him. They went for ice cream as promised and Adrien was surprised to find his friends there.

"Adrien! Oh my god, you weren't answering your phone and I got really worried if you were sick."

Nino blubbered on. Marinette noticed Selina and paused.

"What's going on Adrien? Who's the lady too?"

Alya asked before Marinette could say the words. Adrien smiled at his friends concerns.

"I had to give up my phone. Since I'm currently having a situation with my family. I trust you three so I hope you don't say any of this to anyone else."

They all nodded and turned to Adrien.

"..I finally took the step forward and left my father. He..he wasn't a good one, and I think I realize that now more than ever. You can thank Miss Selina. She's my current guardian and is helping me."

The three paused processing everything before they all began rapid questions.

"Was this because your father tried to hurt you? Has he hurt you?"
"What will this mean for your modeling?"
"Are you still going to school with us?"

Selina coughed loudly and they all turned to her.

"I think we appreciate your concern, but let's not overwhelm Adrien. If you wouldn't mind, I can say for certain that for now, Adrien won't be going to DuPont anymore. This is for both adrien's safety and yours. Adrien could get a lot of unneeded media attention and we want to deal with this as silent as possible."

Adrien nodded along with her.

"I promise you all, once I get a new phone I'll be able to tell you about it more. But I still have school, and I think we're all gonna be late if we don't head over now."

Nino nodded but still looked at Adrien with concern as the rest of them.

"Don't worry, I think from here on out, I'm going to be better with miss Selina."

They left and Adrien returned to his classes. He told Luka about how he met up with everyone from his old school and they then discussed on to Kitty section as well.

"If you don't mind, I think we can have a lot more practices with you now."

Adrien was all for it and they spoke about it during the rest of class. Once school was out, Luka offered to hang out after school. Selina pulled up right there and Adrien was shy to ask. But once seeing Luka and Adriens hesitant face she smiled.

"It's alright, just remember to be back by 8."

Adrien thanked her and the two ended up walking around. Adrien was more hidden with his hood up and was able to go unrecognized.

"You've been pretty quiet Luka, what's on your mind?"

Luka smiled and they sat on a nearby bench.

"Your heart song, it's so much brighter, it's amazing to hear. Your heart song use to be heavy and a bit down. I thought it was because you were just like that. Down to earth and chill. I guess it was because you were hiding. Sadness and loneliness was your song and I'm sorry I didn't notice it sooner."

Adrien smiled and gave his hand a squeeze.

"Well, don't be, if anything, we can focus on how we can make new songs together and live on."

Luka nodded and they spoke about each others past. Once it reached 7:30 they headed back to Selina's place.

"I'll See you again, I had a good time."

Luka said waving Adrien off. Adrien walked inside feeling really jazzed.

"So how your date go?"

Adrien spluttered as he shook his head.

"Luka's just a friend! And we were just bonding, hanging out!"

Selina raised an eyebrow at him.

"Darling, if you're going to lie to me like that you're going to have to do better. Now suit up, its time for lessons."

Adrien nodded and transformed. They headed to the roofs and Selina nodded to him.

"We're gong to play a game of hide and seek. You hide, I'll seek. You have to hide for longer than a minute from me."

Adrien wanted to question it but he guessed it made sense. He was dressed for stealth and he looked around for hiding spots. He pressed up against a cornered wall and closed his eyes. He heard patter of feet and ducked down Catwoman stood above him.

"Hmm, Good so far, but you won't hide so easily from me."

She left and Adrien peeked our seeing her form go behind another building. Adrien decided he should switch his spot and was that a mistake. He yelped as a sharp sting was felt on his foot. He bounced in pain and saw catwoman shaking her head.

"36 seconds. You're going to have to do better. The bell was a give away on your movement but so was your form. You need to move fast and all together not wide and all out."

She demonstrated by darting quickly to a nearby barrel. It was quick and Adrien had to blink to really see her move.

"Woah. I see what you mean. Let's try again."

The two spent the night going over his stealth and speed. Soon enough he was able to hide for a full five minutes from catwoman.

"Nice work kitten, it's time for dinner so let's head in."

He got out from his hiding spot and they went home. Adrien was happy to have dinner again with Selina. She was so nice and energetic. Selina kept the conversation up and didn't mind when he would get confused. It wasn't until a call came in that she paused.

"..that foolish bats, he never gives me the time of day when I wanna talk but when he tries to talk to me I have to drop everything.."

she muttered as she picked it up.

"I'm sorry Adrien, but this is actually important, he rarely ever calls and when he does, well it could be long. Mind if I make this up tomorrow breakfast?"

Adrien nodded. It wasn't like he was unused to it but at least, this time it seems like she really doesn't want to take the call.

"What is it?"

Selina hissed as she got into the other room.

"Where have you been? Its been a month and still no sign of you. What ever you're doing I will put a stop to-"
"Will you even give me time to say what I have to say? Bruce, I'm trying to help a life here. If you have anything important to actually say-"
"Selina, It's been quiet in Gotham."

Selina paused at that before leaning into her phone.

"Bruce, if I had any info on that I would tell you. I'm not apart of this ok, on your side or theirs. I have better things to do so if you want to talk so bad you're gonna have to come here yourself."