Ch. 10

The two walked around the city and chatted easily through the afternoon. As they walked through a park they found Marinette alone glaring at her paper.

"Marinette?"

She blinked up at the two of them before smiling.

"Hey guys! Sorry, I didn't see you two, what's up?"

Luka sat next to her on the bench, Adrien sitting next to him.

"More like what's down, your song is out of tune, what has you so upset?"

Marinette sighed and looked at her paper.

"I guess, it's hard to say. I don't feel comfortable going into detail but I just don't have a good feeling about Chat noir today."

Adrien was surprised at that, so was Luka.

"What makes you say that."

Marinette saw Adrien and looked away.

"I know Chat has been a good friend to you Adrien, but..He's dangerous. At least, against ladybug and maybe any other hero. He steals and I saw him..I saw him push ladybug off a building. I was so scared, but she swung her yo-yo at the last minute before I could run to see her."

Adrien felt like he was being dunked underwater. How to explain to his friend that he's Chat noir and Ladybug is a selfish fraud. Luka came to his rescue.

"I don't know Marinette maybe he was akumatized or it wasn't even the actual chat noir. But I think this is something between the heroes and we need to respect that. If you don't feel safe always call me or Adrien."

Adrien nodded at that. He wanted to keep Marinette out of trouble.

"You should probably stay away from the heroes if you really don't feel safe. And I promise to be careful. I know how to handle myself."

Marinette smiled at his words.

"Thank you, you're a good friend."

Adrien decided to lighten the mood discussing her new designs. Marinette was growing more confident in her art and designs.

"Hey, maybe I could model them?"

His blue eyed friends paused at that. Marinette tentatively took his hand.

"Are you sure? Positive you're comfortable?"

Adrien shook off their worries.

"Don't worry so much, I'll only model the clothing, you can crop out my head out the images, you only need the clothes to be seen anyways."

Marinette agreed to that and they discussed more on when they would meet up. Luka even offered to model as well and Adrien was excited.

"I can teach you!"

Luka didn't like the dark look Adrien had when he said it. Adrien just smiled as if he wasn't planning on messing with Luka. It got dark already and Adrien had to go home soon. Luka offered to walk him home since Marinette left a hour earlier since she was taking transit. The two walked and joked as they got to adrien's place.

"You know, I'm glad I'm friends with you, I think Marinette is lucky to have you."

Luka paused at that before laughing. Adrien stared confused before Luka held a hand out pointing at himself.

"Adrien, I couldn't be straighter than a fucking circle. I'm gay."

Adrien stood there in front of the door practically looking like a gaping fish. He then got out of it before he shyly looked up.

"Well, if I'm being honest, I think I'm a raging bi."

Luka gave his shoulder a pat.

"Thanks for sharing. Does-"
"she actually helped me realize."

They got silent before they both tried to speak.

"So I was thinking-"
"If you want we could-"

They laughed before Adrien insisted Luka go first.

"Well, I was thinking, do you want to meet up with me this weekend at the movies?"

Adrien smiled nodding easily enough. Luka smiled blushing.

"Cool, it's a date!"

With that he gave adrien's cheek a peck before leaving him. Adrien stood watching as Luka's figure left. The door opened and Selina stared down at her son.

"Kitten? Is something wrong?"

Adrien barely listened as he walked in.

"I think something went so right for once in a long time. I feel like I'm about to faint and wake up to realize it was all a dream."

Selina laughed as she patted his back.

"So the guitarist finally decided to ask you out. Good. Your pining was getting you a bit distracted."

Adrien flushed but Selina laughed it off.

"I'm kidding, mostly, I'm glad you two are together now. I was beginning to think I had to intervene at this point."

Adrien helped set up for dinner and they discussed their next heist.

"I'm thinking we do a switch out. I go to grab the big prize and trick them in a false relief while you get the real treasure."

Adrien nodded, he could do that, with the plans made they decided to execute it tonight. They snuck in with ease and didn't even trip an alarm. Adrien was hiding behind a wall when something felt off.

"..something isn't right.."

Selina nodded even though they were on opposite sides.

"Too quiet, and the guards are in all the other exhibits. I'm calling this off kit-"

Her comm went out and Adrien froze.

"..Catwoman?"

He decided to play safe with her code name. All that came up was static and Adrien decided to follow orders. He got to the roof top and quickly looked at the tracking device. They both had one on each other in case something went wrong. He found her and she was under a glass roof. Adrien stayed away from sight but was able to see inside. Selina was fighting some dark figure. It was a man. With pointy ear tips for a mask. Adrien then saw the symbol and felt a cold sense of dread fill him up.

"Batman.."

Their voices raised up enough that Adrien used his enhanced hearing to listen in.

"..Stop this, and return with me. I don't trust the way things are in home."

Selina blocked another blow easily evading.

"Always about home, why do you think I'm here bats."

Batman stopped dropping his stance.

"Please, I don't think you here alone is doing you any favors."

Selina smirked at that.

"Who said I'm alone."

Adrien took that as his cue to come in. He crashed through the skylight and stood in a stance.

"See, this is my little kitten, Chat noir."

Batman's eyes were wide if the mask had anything to say.

"Kid, you shouldn't be here with her. You're a hero and I think we both know it's not safe."

Adrien glowered at that holding out his hand. It seemed like all the shadows of the room gathered into his palm in a black energy.

"I'm sick and tired of people telling me what's safe and good for me."

Adrien hissed out.

"Cataclysm."

Adrien clenched his fist and punched the ground. It seemed to direct itself straight to Batman who barely had enough time to shoot his grappling hook. Adrien used his baton and grabbed ahold of his mom. They lifted themselves away from the crumbling floor and ran into the night.