Ch.12

(Sorry for the break, but uh, here you go!)

Once the day of the gala came, Luka and Adrien were prepared to face it. They had both mentally prepared for the reactions of press and other attendees. Mostly Adrien worried slightly that his father might show up. Luka and Selina both promised him if that happened he would never be alone with the man. Selina also assured Adrien if his father tried to talk to him she'd claw the man down with her manicured nails.

Well assured, Adrien still felt a slight nervousness about the gala. Luckily, That didn't stop the three from going all out on looks. Selina wore a deep scarlet dress that fit to her form perfectly. It was cinched on all her curves and slit at her right upper thigh. She had her raven hair curled and framed around her face beautifully. It created a sharpness on her face that was stunning. Adrien had his hair swept back and gelled slightly. He wore dark green eye makeup and dark green lipstick to go with it. Next to him Luka had his hair swept to the side and a bit more put together. They looked amazing. Adrien wore a dark outfit, a more feminine looking suit that curved his hips and looked gorgeous. Luka wore dark eye makeup with his black nails. He wore a dark teal suit that matched his hair perfectly.

As they moved out the car and onto the carpet flashes of lights assaulted them. Photographers moved over to them and Adrien had to restrain himself from staying still. That's right, he didn't have to stay for photos anymore. Once inside it was bustling with businessmen and French celebrities. Jagged stone saw the couple with Selina and walked over excitedly.

"I was about to leave this place but you two being here together is amazing. Proud of you kids being brave to attend like so. Don't let no one tell you what you can or can't do right? Is that Selina Kyle?"

Luka was freaking out over his favorite musician but Adrien smiled at the rockstar. Selina gave the man a lazy smile as he took her hand and gave it a platonic smooch.

"Thanks Jagged, uh, have you seen..well, you know.."

Although Adrien was ready to throw down with his father that didn't mean he wanted to. Jagged widened his eyes before turning to the side.

"No, and that man better make sure he doesn't come by."

It was odd to see the rockstar so serious but he felt a connection with the boy. The boy was trapped by his father and was a little thing overall, jagged felt a protectiveness over him. Not to mention wanting to live free and be what/with whatever he wants is exactly the sort of thing jagged is all about. Jagged liked the model he was a kind fellow. At the mention of Adrien's father, Luka's eyes hardened before he smiled at his hero. He was glad that the man wanted to watch out for his boyfriend as well. It's been a week and overall Luka was over the moon. It would actually be one of the first public dates and confirmations of their relationship.Adrien made sure to greet the people he knew and liked. Luka helped him avoid Chloé with ease.

"God, if we can get some of those snacks this night will be a success."

Adrien said as they made their way to the food table. Luka nodded already grabbing the treats.

"I never got to eat any of this stuff because, well, modeling doesn't need me to gain weight for.."

Luka grabbed Adriens hand in reassurance giving it a light squeeze.

"Hey, I think you would look and be a great model no matter the body type."

Adrien flushed at that and shoveled the macaroons into his mouth to avoid speaking.

"Nice, would've gone for the eclairs if they wouldn't be so messy."

A teen said to them. His hair was slick back and his blue eyes were brim with amusement. Luka didn't get anything off from him but something was different about him.

"Ah, sorry, I didn't introduce myself. Dick Grayson."

Adrien held his hand out.

"I'm..Adrien, this is my boyfriend Luka."

Luka shook hands with the guy. Apparently his dad dragged him here to the gala.

"Yeah, you seem like a free spirit, your song is full of lifts."

Dick raised an eyebrow and grew interested in Luka's song hearing ability.

"My mom says I'm a bit of an empath, and music is something I connect easier with since it's easier than words."

Before more could be said a secret service man came to Dick. Dick sighed and waved his new friends good bye.

"My dad is about to start the ceremony, see ya."

Adrien paused before remembering who opened the ceremony.

"Wait! Your dad-"

"Hello everyone! I want to thank you all for gathering here today in this wonderful Gala. I want to thank our host Mayor bourgeois for inviting me for such an event. As well as my ward Richard Grayson."

Dick smiled in a fake manner Adrien was used to. Luka stared ágape before turning to an equally shocked Adrien.

"Does that mean we have made friends with Bruce Wayne to extension from dick."

Selina walked over to them holding a martini in her hand.

"It means that man is scouting you two."

They were confused by what that meant, but the gala went on and after Bruce made his way off stage he walked over to them.

"Adrien, show Luka to the dance floor, I have a feeling you don't want to be near us adults."

Luka laughed at that but Adrien new the hidden meaning. Bruce had business with Selina. As they got to the dance floor not a lot of people were there. It was one or two old couples dancing to rather mellow music. Luka rolled his eyes and turned to Adrien. Before he could speak Adrien smirked at him.

"Yes, but we won't get rid of the band. This is still a formal event."

Luka pouted but nodded. They went to the band who were apparently being forced to do this awful music. Adrien got to the keys and Luka took over the bass.

"Boys, follow our lead and let's pick up this party!"

Luka let out a low tune that turned into a jazzy one, along with Adrien's accompany of the keys. Soon the band followed along, the music dragging others to the floor to dance. Young girls and business men danced with ease to an old but up-tempo music. Soon enough Adrien and Luka left to join the floor dancing away. Dick joined them as they had a grand ol time. Chloe came in between the three and to Adrien's shock she began to dance with them.

"Look Adrien, you..You're my closet friend, we've known each other practically forever, and if that's enough for you, it's enough for me. I don't want to get in your way but I still want to be a friend to you..if you'll let me.."

Yeah, Chloe wasn't exactly the kindest, but adrien has seen her efforts from Nino. Apparently she defended him in his absence and did her best to keep the press off of him at his new school. As well as keep things hush in the gossip and rumors of teens all around. She's more than proven herself to be a good friend to him in his eyes so far. He was only hesitant to see her due to him and Luka coming out. Adrien stared at her a moment before moving to hug her.

"Of course I will, you've done more than enough to prove yourself. You have been a good friend to me chloe thank you. And I hope by extension that includes my boyfriend."
Chloe huffed and turned away.

"Fine, I still have to say, your choice in men could be better but I trust your judgement. I have an eye on you couffaine."

Luka laughed at that but they went on dancing enjoying youth. It was the most fun Adrien's had at such a party.