Ch. 6

The next morning Adrien decided to wear something different. He didn't want to wear anything of his fathers line. Adrien decided to take a green jacket he rarely wore and a grey shirt with a cool black symbol. He wore black jeans and wore grey shoes.

"Looking great kitten! Let's head on to your new school, I mean, meeting new people shouldn't be so bad."

Adrien nodded and he got into the car with her. She sat next to him and they drove. Adrien stared out the window and Selina started commenting about the school.

"It should be nice and you won't have any trouble with the academics. Adrien what do you think?"

Adrien paused before realizing she was talking to him the whole time.

"..you were talking to me?"

Selina almost paused but gave him a understanding smile.

"It's alright, I know it's hard to get use to new things. So one step at a time. I was talking about the school and how it won't be much of a change."

Adrien nodded and they spoke the whole drive soon switching topics on to what Adrien enjoys. He left the car with Selina putting a hand on his shoulder.

"I hope we can discuss more of this over lunch. I have a surprise and maybe we can get some ice cream while we're at it."

Selina signed him in the school going over any leftover paperwork.

"Good luck kitten."

Selina said ruffling his hair a bit and left. Adrien waited in the front office for his apparent tour guide.

"Adrien?"

Adrien turned to the familiar voice to find Luka standing there.

"Luka? I didn't know you went here."

Luka smiled back smoothly.

"The same could be said about you."

Adrien paused and nodded.

"I transferred here, I..I don't know how much I can talk on this but I'm in a bit of a situation at home."

Luka gave his shoulder a squeeze.

"No need, you don't have to tell me anything. Sorry for asking if it made you uncomfortable."

Adrien put his hands up in reassurance.

"It's fine, wanna start this tour?"

Luka smiled having Adrien match it with his own.

"With pleasure, by the way can you give me your schedule?"

Adrien handed it over to Luka who looked over it.

"You have most periods with me except for study hall, I have arts during that time. You should join, your piano skills would sound great with this one song I'm making."

The two talked over it during their class and Adrien found himself making friends with everyone. There was Lana who played the flute and was the class president. She introduced herself and her friends Francis and Derek. Francis was a aspiring photographer and stylist. Derek was a writer and he was overall a fun guy to hang out with.

"Yo, when I saw you enter class I honestly thought I was dreaming. Like, adrien agreste in our school, and laughing with Luka Couffaine? It seemed unreal."

Luka nudged his friend and Adrien laughed a bit too.

"I'm mostly glad I found friends so easily here. I was really worried I wouldn't find anyone to at least speak with."

Lana gave his arm a pat.

"Well, you're lucky you have us then. Now I want to go over some things with you. As class president I want to welcome all new students and give them the run down."

She explained teachers and their pros and cons. Lana also discussed with Adrien of their extracurricular classes and what he might want to choose.

"I was thinking of arts with Luka? I mean, I already have time at home to do all my work. I wouldn't really need the period for studying."

Francis hummed as he flicked his pencil.

"So you're saying you some super smart nerd?"

Adrien shrugged playfully.

"I'd say I'm confident in my academic skills. Can't say the same to you though."

Their group laughed and Francis was spluttering over how he didn't have time to do work when he could be taking expert photos.

"Adrien, I wish you could join us for lunch."

Adrien waved his hand.

"I can tomorrow, I don't want to be late so I'll see you all later!"

He waved his friends off. Adrien saw Selina's car pull up and she lowered the window.

"Come on you're going to love it."

Adrien got in beside her in the front and they drove off to a nearby cafe.

"I want you to greet my new assistant manager!"

Adrien blinked before gasping. It was Natalie who was smiling at him.

"It's good to see you well Adrien. I hope you don't mind me-"

Adrien pulled her into a hug. Natalie smiled and hugged him back.

"I was gonna miss you the most, even if you were under my father, I knew you were suffering in that house with me."